[LINUX] Broken non-HD playback on XBMC Live installed and VDPAU
Thumbs Down 
I installed XBMC Live to the disc, everything is working flawlessly except non HD playback.

I at first thought it's only DVD playback broken, but since all my new stuff is HD content, mostly mkv, only after a while I found out, that it's all non HD content that is broken.

I can see only upper left corner of the original screen, colors are bad and there are 2 or 3 "ghosts" at different sizes put on the other.

I'm using latest Nvidia drivers with VDPAU, my Samsung LCD Full HD TV is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable.

Can anyone please point me in a right direction ? My wife is furious as she can't watch DVD's ... Sad
I further played with an issue. When I have rendering method set to auto-detect or VDPAU, HD content is played with VDPAU as it should, but non HD content (dvd, sd, xvids etc.) is broken.

When I switch to Software render method, SD content is ok, but also HD content is played with software also and playback is choppy of course ...

How to settle this ?

I don't want to swith rendering methods everytime I want to watch HD movies and series or DVD's or older non HD series movies ....
This sounds like an old ghosting issue.. First of all, is this the Dharma beta? Second post a screenshot so we know what it looks like.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lets keep it at one thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79623

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Broken non-HD playback on XBMC Live installed and VDPAU0