I cant access my SMB shares anymore.
I´ve got two computer here at home, which is connected via a network.
If im sitting at the HTPC, i can access the PC just fine, but it doesnt work the other way around.

Anyone knows what might be wrong?

This is from xbmc.log
Quote:09:08:53 T:4472 M:2350510080 ERROR: WnetOpenEnum failed with error 5
09:08:53 T:4472 M:2350510080 ERROR: WnetOpenEnum failed with error 1222
09:09:15 T:4476 M:2308935680 ERROR: Couldn't connect to \\HTPC, access denied
You're getting an access denied error, i.e. the username/password being used on the PC doesn't exist on the HTPC.

Presumably whatever username/password you're using on the HTPC does exist on the PC, so access in that direction works.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You're getting an access denied error, i.e. the username/password being used on the PC doesn't exist on the HTPC.

Presumably whatever username/password you're using on the HTPC does exist on the PC, so access in that direction works.

JR

Ok, this might sound stupid... But where do i change that?
Quick guide - Google for more details:

NB if I've understood correctly, the problem is when you're on the PC and try to view files on the HTPC. In that case you need to create a user account on the HTPC to match the one you're using on the PC.

First check what username you're using on the PC. On the PC open a command prompt and type "echo %username%" and press Return, and it will print the username. You can't get the password in the same way. If Windows prompts you for a password when it starts that's the password you need. If Windows goes straight to the desktop when you turn the PC on, that is it doesn't ask for a password, you'll need to remember what password you chose when you first set up Windows or got the PC.

Assume for this post that the username is "fred" and the password is "rhubarb".

Now go to the HTPC, open a command prompt and do the "echo %username%" again. If you get the same username then you only need to change the password to match the one on the PC. Press ctrl-alt-delete and choose the Change password option.

If the username doesn't match create a new user account by typing the command:

net user fred rhubarb /add

type the command "net user" to list all the users, including hopefully the one you've just added.

Now try access from the PC to the HTPC again.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I cant access my SMB shares anymore.0