[Live Dharma Beta1] see some errors flash by during boot
XBMCFreak ISO boots in seconds after install... but no audio... I guess I need to find out what the errors are that flash up...
Geeba Wrote:Naaa I waited about a minute... I'll try longer.. thanks for the info...

topic was errors on boot... I was just adding my symptoms..

technically topic was "specific error messages during boot"

Back on topic, after about 10 reboots, I've narrowed it down to something that seems to say "unknown command 800x600x32"
, 640x480, etc

editing /etc/default/grub to say just the following fixed those 4 message for me, tho i still see one flash by later extremely fast.
Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE="1024x768x32"

will need to do more investigating as to the content of the last error, but at least the 4 gfx modes are gone
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:technically topic was "specific error messages during boot"

No it wasn't... thread title "see some errors flash by during boot"

exactly what I see.... errors flashing by at bootup

Should of known anything to do with Linux and its going to be a finicky bunch... Rolleyes

back on topic... the errors that flash by on my boot up are:-

error "some text"
error "some text"
error "some text"
error "some text"

Four of them... its booting off SSD and I cant seem to stop it fast enough to see what they are - I've tried hitting pause but it literally throws the text on the screen in a pico seconds and is off.

It then hangs on a black screen after the XBMC logo..

Has XBMC booted far enough for me to be able to get any logs off this in anyway?

I'm not suspecting hardware as windows versions and XBMCfreak boot fine...
harryzimm Wrote:I got rid of the errors by editing /etc/default/grub and removing the resolutions my tv doesn't support. eg. Near the bottom of the file,

i changed the line to

GRUB_GFXMODE="1920x1080x32"

Saved then ran

sudo update-grub

sudo reboot

cheers

Edit: This also fixed my problem of not being able to access the terminal after exiting xbmc.

I tried this with mine, 1280x720x32, but when I issued the update-grub command, I got the following:

Code:
/usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?).

I'm not sure how to proceed.
Quick question: I got rid of these errors by only listing 1360x768x32 in grub.
With Dharma Beta2 I now get new errors (grub is already edited like before), however the errors disappear so fast I can't read 'em. Sad Do you guys have the same "problem" (if we can call it like that)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live Dharma Beta1] see some errors flash by during boot0