Wasn't Dharma supposed to be released already?
Rofl
What a useful first post! Top marks to you.

Dharma is on beta2 release.
Blush

sorry.

it's just that I have been waiting for it the entire week.

not blaming anyone or something like that.

sorry again.
Well grab one of the beta releases, why wait?
don't have the confidence in it, and don't want to have to re-configure everything again when the official release is out.

did download it on a live CD, looks really cool.
Shouldn't have many real issues with it, I certainly wouldn't be waiting. Upgrading between releases is fairly painless.
Smile 
I'm a pretty retarded user, to say the least.
I prefer having it all done already. if not - I have to ask my brother to do everything, and then he hates me...

I'll wait till the formal release is out, I guess.

Blush
UrbanDK Wrote:I'm a pretty retarded user, to say the least.

Good point, you certainly hit the nail on the head with that one.

Perhaps you should demand your money back for having to wait so long.
you know, once upon of time ago, I also used to feel proud of myself for letting people on the internet know how I felt about their stupidity.

so I'm glad I helped you get your smile for the day.

a bigger man would've noticed the million "i'm sorry" splattered in the the first messages. but it's much easier to make fun of people, especially if they give you the ammo.

so kudos to you, Abe.
the Beta is stable, you should be fine installing it.
I have no problem at all with it.
If it's not out. There's a reason for it.

XBMC don't release a "stable" until it is just that.

Keep an one it at http://trac.xbmc.org - but don't make a topic everytime you see the timer go up Tongue
Trust me - we want it out even more eagerly than you do. We're currently waiting on some XBMC live related reworkings. Once that's done a release candidate will be out, then the addons system will be bumped to official dharma and dharma will be out.

It won't be 100% bug free (nothing ever is) but it'll be as good as we can get it (or at least as good as we can get it until we get sick of it!)

There's nothing wrong with waiting until final - plenty of other folk are waiting as well and that's fine. Beta testing isn't for everyone Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

A quick question on the subject of the stability of the final (under linux - not windows) can an ubuntu linux based installation live happilly with a mythtvfrontend installation?

The reason I ask is I'm in the uk and - quirky as the front end is - its the only way of playing recordings that seems to handle bob deinterlacing properly for tv recordings.

I'd really love to move to dharma on my revo 3600 but I need to know its stable with nvidia and libvdpau with mythfrontend .... otherwise my wife and son will kill me Laugh

as to when its ready...I imagine it'll be when its ready and works I suppose, as long as the beta is stable with myth i'll give it a go

cheers all

Ed
I use mythbuntu ... as a base for mythtv and xbmc comes on top ....
jmarshall Wrote:Trust me - we want it out even more eagerly than you do. We're currently waiting on some XBMC live related reworkings. Once that's done a release candidate will be out, then the addons system will be bumped to official dharma and dharma will be out.

It won't be 100% bug free (nothing ever is) but it'll be as good as we can get it (or at least as good as we can get it until we get sick of it!)

There's nothing wrong with waiting until final - plenty of other folk are waiting as well and that's fine. Beta testing isn't for everyone Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Nod Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wasn't Dharma supposed to be released already?0