Organizing New TV Shows and New Movies
Is there a way under the main Video selection upon booting up (where it shows library and such) of adding a direct link to my New TV Shows folder and also my New Movies folder. The way I operate my system is as things get added they sit in a new folder until they have been torrented to a proper ratio or have been watched then they are scraped and moved into the library. Same thing goes for TV shows. The way my folders on my system is organized is Movies and then title, except new movies sit in a folder labeled New.

Is there a better way of handling this? Or a way to add a link under the main breakdown of video so it will go right to that path?
Well in file view you can just add your "new movies" folder. Do you want this folder to be scraped?
You have a few options for this:

1) You can add multiple folders under a single source in XBMC. Create one source called Movies and add the folders "c:\movies" and "c:\newmovies", and Set Content appropriately. Do the same for your TV shows. I'm not sure exactly what torrent software you're using, but you should be able to add a simple python script that updates your XBMC library via HTTP whenever a download is finished.

So, the download finishes, goes to "c:\newmovies" or "c:\newtvshows," your XBMC library is updated, the torrent client keeps seeding, when it hits a predefined ratio it moves the files to "c:\movies" or "c:\tvshows", and sends another HTTP command to update your XBMC library. As long as you have XBMC set to clean the library after updating, you won't have any dupes.

2) However, I think a much better option would be to set your torrent client to run a script after the download finishes, instructing it to *copy*, not move, your downloads to "c:\movies" or "c:\tvshows", and then delete the downloads in your temp folders after you're done seeding. In this scenario, the temp folders would not be added to your XBMC sources.

The reason I say this is that when you're scraping TV shows, XBMC can sometimes tweak out when the same series is spread out among different folders. So, if you have most of, say, your Mad Men episodes in "c:\tvshows\Mad Men," but last night's episode is temporarily located in "c:\newtvshows\Mad Men", you might have problems scraping.

Personally, whenever I use torrents I just have it immediately stop seeding and move the finished downloads to my main library. Bad torrenting behavior, but it's much smoother for XBMC.
eg4190 Wrote:You have a few options for this:

1) You can add multiple folders under a single source in XBMC. Create one source called Movies and add the folders "c:\movies" and "c:\newmovies", and Set Content appropriately. Do the same for your TV shows. I'm not sure exactly what torrent software you're using, but you should be able to add a simple python script that updates your XBMC library via HTTP whenever a download is finished.

So, the download finishes, goes to "c:\newmovies" or "c:\newtvshows," your XBMC library is updated, the torrent client keeps seeding, when it hits a predefined ratio it moves the files to "c:\movies" or "c:\tvshows", and sends another HTTP command to update your XBMC library. As long as you have XBMC set to clean the library after updating, you won't have any dupes.

2) However, I think a much better option would be to set your torrent client to run a script after the download finishes, instructing it to *copy*, not move, your downloads to "c:\movies" or "c:\tvshows", and then delete the downloads in your temp folders after you're done seeding. In this scenario, the temp folders would not be added to your XBMC sources.

The reason I say this is that when you're scraping TV shows, XBMC can sometimes tweak out when the same series is spread out among different folders. So, if you have most of, say, your Mad Men episodes in "c:\tvshows\Mad Men," but last night's episode is temporarily located in "c:\newtvshows\Mad Men", you might have problems scraping.

Personally, whenever I use torrents I just have it immediately stop seeding and move the finished downloads to my main library. Bad torrenting behavior, but it's much smoother for XBMC.

Great advice, thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organizing New TV Shows and New Movies0