scrape, (or re-scrape) trailers only?
tl;dr: rescan library for only trailer data

I'm currently running Dharma beta1 and have been using the Dharma builds before that. Some of the movies in my library show a trailer button in the 'info' pages but when pressed, nothing happens.

This seems to be for movies that were originally scraped with an earlier scraper, picking up the movies from dtrailers I think.

If I hit refresh for the movie, then it updates the info and the trailer works just fine. The side effect of this is that the film is now 'new' (appears in recently added) and the fanart and thumb are reset. It's also tedious.

Is there a way that I can rescan the whole library for only trailers, updating the data stored in the library for each film, without changing anything else about that film?
Nope. Currently if a film is in the library then regardless as to whether there may be changes at the local level, we don't do anything. This is ofcourse silly, but that's the way it is for now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fair enough, thanks for the clear answer Smile
I've been digging around the sqlite database and it seems that the ones that are not working are rtmp streams.
As an experiment I'm going to backup the entire library, then clear the movies and rescrape the whole lot, this should give a good set of trailer data. Then I plan to open the new database in an editor and export the trailer and movie name fields (c00 and c19) to a seperate database.
With those safe, I'll restore the original database and then inject the backed up trailer data into it!

It should work, and it's more of an experiment than anything else, its a fair amount of work for a feature that's not used very often, but it should give me some practice of manipulating the databases directly.
Done, tested and working.

I used SQLiteSpy 1.8.15 to manipulate the databases. I scraped the movies folder on another machine and then copied it's MyVideos34.db file to the desktop of the main pc.

Open the main database in SQLiteSpy and attach the one on the desktop, from there I just executed this SQL statement:
Code:
UPDATE "main"."movie" SET c19 = (SELECT "MyVideos34-main"."movie".c19 FROM "MyVideos34-main"."movie" WHERE "MyVideos34-main"."movie".c09 = "main"."movie".c09) ;
...and it was done, the trailer fields from the fresh scrape were now in the existing library.
I'm use XBMC 9.11 on Ubuntu and I usually rip DVD's to a data base using Windows 7.
I then notice when I go into XBMC on Ubuntu that none of my previously stored trailers are accessible. The log says that the path is not valid. The rest of the movie information is in tact. In order to regain the trailers I have to refresh each movie in the XBMC movie library.
Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a way around this? Being a beginner to Ubuntu, I don't understand the details of the previous post in restoring the trailers.
I misspoke about cause and effect. I noticed that the trailers were not viewable the next day regardless of updating the data base with new movies. It seems that it is necessary to refresh the movie information before viewing trailers.
Is this normal? Incidently looking at the log I noticed that when a trailer play their is some problem with finding the correct codec at first and then it finally plays with the correct codec. When the trailer does not play, the correct codec is not found the second time. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my configuration?(Full Ubuntu 10.4 and XBMC 9.11)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scrape, (or re-scrape) trailers only?0