XBMC turnkey solutions?
I am new to XBMC, but I think it would replace my popcorn hour nicely. I am looking for something that can play my DVD iso's, and bluray rips through my network.

Unfortunately I am not super great at fiddling around with linux/drivers/hardware. Are there any suggested hardware companies that I could purchase a turnkey solution? Or semi-turkney (super easy install)

thanks!
farside847 Wrote:I am new to XBMC, but I think it would replace my popcorn hour nicely. I am looking for something that can play my DVD iso's, and bluray rips through my network.

Unfortunately I am not super great at fiddling around with linux/drivers/hardware. Are there any suggested hardware companies that I could purchase a turnkey solution? Or semi-turkney (super easy install)

thanks!

Sure.

Step 1. Buy Intel Mac Mini 2.0 GHz or higher.
Step 2. Install XBMC.
There is no step 3.

Cool
- Blackstar
ION + XBMC Live is really easy.

Get a revo.

Wow, of all the kinds of responses I expected that wasnt one of them. Smile

For some reason I had not considered a mac yet. Essentially you install xbmc as an application, or drop the mac OS and load linux on the mac hardware?

Have you had good luck with high def content (bluray)?

thanks
poofyhairguy Wrote:ION + XBMC Live is really easy.

Get a revo.

I saw a bunch of posts on the revo 3610. Are all the drivers baked into the stable install now? (saw some older threads with issues)

Also, I dont think this box comes with a remote. Is there a suggested type of remote that is plug and play?

thanks
Why use a ir-remote ?
Since last week I use this beauty ....
Logitech mini dinovo
I never touch again a IR-remote after working since a week ...
It is perfect ... for my use
farside847 Wrote:I saw a bunch of posts on the revo 3610. Are all the drivers baked into the stable install now? (saw some older threads with issues)

Also, I dont think this box comes with a remote. Is there a suggested type of remote that is plug and play?

thanks

I think the most plug-and-play you'll get for a remote on XBMC is buying an MCE remote/IR receiver. Google product search for MCE remote

I consider the mini dinovo to be a little bulky and not all that user-friendly for people who aren't familiar with the system.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Any ol' PC, any MCE compatible remote (I use Compro/Videomate K200)
Download the latest (yesterday's!) XBMC Dharma Live Beta and burn the .iso onto a CD

1) Put the CD into the PC (restart it) and choose option "Install LIVE"

Done, everything works out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC turnkey solutions?0