XBMC on two TV's..?
here is what I would do if I were you..

buy this http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...escription

take your hdmi connection from the PC and connect to the box, from the box to main tv

then take a cat5 cable run i up the wall in the ceiling and drop it down in the kitchen

using this wall plate kit
http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...largeimage

price about $200 but using this little box you can get hdmi into 5 rooms using one source if you had teh same display in all rooms you would be golden

-=Jason=-
poofyhairguy Wrote:Do you experience any lag with that?

Nada Smile
hooperman Wrote:Getting confused on this, ok this is my setup:

Shuttle has one dvi out and i use a HDMI adapter to go into my TV in the front room.

Unlikely be able to use HDMI from the shuttle because the cable would have to be at least 30 ft to get to the kitchen, and doing this would be a nightmare (solid floors etc) so:-

Would a video sender do the job...I know that this would result in loss of quality but, i cannot think of another way
Yes, although not optimal, an a/v wireless sender will work, as long as interference or lag isn't an issue for you. The easiest way would be to use a breakout component/svideo box that usually comes with your video card and use svideo into the wireless transmitter, and get a 1/8 to RCA cable and plug it from your audio out to the transmitter.
and be prepared for many unforeseen logistical headaches.

If I was in your situation, I'd do a hdmi/audio wall drop, similar to what flomaster described.
If I was in your situation, I would buy a Acer Revo for the second TV.

Ohh my..nothing is ever simple....a bit of sound and vision replicated to a second monitor (tv) you would think would be simples.

Running cables appears to be out, cannot go through floor and to go through ceiling would be impossible, all rooms have cornice and joists are going the opposite way to the cable which would mean lifting all the floorboards upstairs and drilling through the joist.

Thanks for the comments guys but, it looks like my idea is doomedNo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on two TV's..?0