Upgrading to Dharma beta Question
Evening folks. I'm going to install the Dharma beta but I would like to keep my database of movies etc intact. It not running as portable (Windows7).

What files/folders do I need to backup before installation or is it not possible?
%APPDATA%/XBMC

Back that up.

Don't delete it.

Update to Dharma and it will update everything for you - you will still have your existing libraries.

The backup is only if something goes bizarrely wrong and we need to replicate it to fix it Smile This should never happen ™.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cheers pal.
Just a different question regarding "upgrade": How do I check the version of XBMC that I'm running? Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Debug log. Or Settings->SystemInfo.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

After I upgraded I can't get my movie library to display.. My TV shows display fine but not movies.. I select "Movies" and it's just blank..

It also always launches with debug enabled..

Any ideas?

THanks!
jmarshall Wrote:Debug log. Or Settings->SystemInfo.
huumm..... I don't seem to find that SystemInfo bit - using default skin Confluence, I see System > System and then Video Output, Audio Output, Input Devices, Power Saving, Debugging and Master lock. Am I missing something here. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Move RIGHT off the Settings item on the homepage. See that wee arrow?

I'll be trying the Beta sometime this week. I'll have to backup my DB as well. Thanks for the info.
jmarshall Wrote:Move RIGHT off the Settings item on the homepage. See that wee arrow?
Got it now; silly me. It's been long since I used Confluence. We don't have much choice of Skins on beta1 yet - do we? What are skins that compatible with v10.0 so far? Cheers!!
Yep.
There is.

Check the "Add-On" menu.
Is (or will) it possible to update the program itself within XBMC Dharma?

I mean it would be really nice if :
- XBMC checks it's version and if there's a new updated version it will
- ask for an automatic update
- Press Yes or No to proceed
- reset the program if necessary.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to Dharma beta Question0