Best media remote?
Hello,

I'm looking for some opinions on the best media remote to use with XBMC on Linux. I here that the Windows MCE remote is a very well-supported one (if not for that hideous Windows logo on it! lol), but can anyone tell me if it's programmable to support TV-specific functions (input selection, turning the TV on, etc.)

I'm just looking for what others opinions are with this. Thanks!
You're probably better of with one of the programmable, universal type remotes that are compatible with an MCE and your other equipment. I own a (fairly old) One-for-all URC-7780 that controls my Asrock 330 with XBMC, Sony TV, Humax PVR and Pioneer Receiver very well. I hear the Logitech remotes are also very good. And these remotes don't have the windows logo....
The Microsoft MCE remote is the best one I've used. Apart from anything else the build quality is very good and it survives being dropped.

The original MS rewmote can learn IR signals, but there are several versions of it (see http://wiki.xbmc.or/index.php?title=Remo...te_Control) and many versions don't include the learning facility.

I would go along with JohanE and recommend a Harmony. The Harmony can emulate an MS remote so it will work fine with XBMC, and it will also operate your TV, DVD etc without too much pain.

Expensive though.

JR
I bought a usbuirt and just continued to use my dish network 5.3 IR remote to control everything - sat, tv, VCR for xbmc, and aux for my receiver. The dish remote has a great layout, IMO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best media remote?0