Questions about the XBMC Android remote...
I've noticed a few recurring glitches when using the Android remote and I also have a few questions. Here's a list:

1) Sometimes XBMC will randomly and perpetually repeat a specific key press, for example the left/right or up/down arrows, forcing me to quit and reopen XBMC before it's usable. What causes this to happen?

2) I notice that there's an on/off switch on the remote, but apart from occasionally being a success in shutting XBMC down, I've never gotten the on button to work. Is there a plug-in I need in order to allow the remote to start XBMC?

3) Every time I wake my phone from a sleeping state and start the XBMC remote, it takes 4 or 5 failed attempts to connect (sometimes telling me to make sure XBMC is open, others telling me there is an "I/O exception" or something similar) before the remote finally works. Is there a trick to avoid this dilemma?

4) The option for calls to be displayed on XBMC, in addition to pausing whatever content is playing on XBMC at the time, is checked. However, it's never functioned properly. I've managed to have it pause a TV show one single time, and haven't been able to replicate the effect since. I've never once seen a call display on my TV.

5) When I exit full screen in XBMC, the primary remote button which usually brings up the content browser atop whatever is currently playing, becomes a toggle for full screen mode. It no longer functions as a quick way to browse; it merely replicates the keyboard press of "Command+F" or "\".

That's all I can think of right now, and I'll gladly provide additional information if it'll help solve the problem. That reminds me - I'm using a Droid Eris with Android 2.1 + Sense UI and XBMC Android remote version 0.8.3-beta1 Revision 686.

OS X Version: 10.6.4
Platform: Mac Pro
Install Method: DMG
SVN Revision: r32628
Architecture: i386
XBMC Version: 10.5

Other things:
- 3.32 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
- 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4870

Any help/advice would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,
- Ben
I'm afraid you've chosen the wrong group to ask questions regarding the Android Remote. Try the http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about the XBMC Android remote...0