upgrading live hdd install
Do i just upgrade the OS to 10.04 then change the apt sources to point to the 10.04 location?

If not what do I need to do to upgrade the Live version (that I have installed to the HDD) to Dharma B1?
MC1 (SD & HD): Asus A8N SLI, AMD x2 4600+, 2GB DDR 400 Cosair, Palit Nvidia 9400GT 1GB (Passive), ARTIC 500W PSU, Lian Li PC-C32B, Samsung 250GB SATA
MC2 (SD&HD): RaspberryPi
MC3 (SD&HD): RaspberryPi
NAS1: HP Prolient Microserver N40L 2Gb Ram, 250Gb OS Disk, 1x2TB HDD ext4, 5.25" to 3.5" disk drive added to ODD Slot for OS disk

Blog: http://ninet.org
I haven't done this yet with the Beta1, but have upgraded from previous versions (to XBMCFreak). I assume the process is the same. Basically, create a USB disk with the Beta software, boot to this new version, do a fresh install mounting the data partition to /home.

Voila - new Beta1 software, and data in your home directory preserved.

Assuming you have seperate partitions for your data and OS.
Its suggested that upgrading to Dharma requires a fresh install(backing up userdata first). You could also just upgrade via svn-ppa.
Yesterday I upgraded my XBMC Live 9.11 installation and installed the Dharma Beta, so far it's running smoothly.

Maybe you should give that a try first Wink

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc

There was one little issue: I had to reinstall the Nvidia drivers after the first boot into XBMC, this can only be done by stopping the X server - you can do this by typing

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live stop
sudo /etc/init.d/x11-common
Hope it helps Wink
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Oh, what a dilemma. Whenever I upgrade these things, I go through a week of hell trying to get it all working again, then swear that next time "if it ain't broke don't fix it" will be my moto!

Now I am really tempted to upgrade to the Beta Smile

Ca you provide more details about your setup?

- platform - Revo by any chance?
- Do you use start from MCE remote, and if so is it working?
- Any sound issues? HDMI, optical - what do you use?
- Standby working ok?

These are the main issues I dealt with last time.

EDIT: Just saw your signature, and that you have a Revo R3610 same as me, so that is a good start!
Yeah, it was a dilemma for me, too, but suddenly i thought something like "when it fails I can setup XBMC Live 9.11 in about 1 or 2 hours again" (I backup my userdata folder on a regular basis Wink and I took the bait.

HDMI as well as optical output work on my R3610 (use either one of them).

I can test standby later today.

Quote:- Do you use start from MCE remote, and if so is it working?

You mean wakeup from standby?
Sony KD-65A1
Hmmm... good point. I could rebuild my system pretty damn quickly, especially since I use EMM to keep NFOs and artwork alongside my movies.

Yes, wake from standbye is what I meant. Please post if you find this is working.
Okay...neither standby nor wake up with remote do work.
After sending to standby and pressing the power button on the Revo there's just a blank screen.

But I should add that I did not care too much about these features under 9.11 as I can accept that it needs about 30 seconds to boot. Would be nice to have anyways, maybe a setting missing, perhaps you can push me in the right direction Wink
Sony KD-65A1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upgrading live hdd install0