Unresolved import for xbmcplugin
I wanted to write a plugin for xbmc in Eclipse and I've read all the guides I could find but I still get an Unresolved import error when I try to import xbmcplugin and xbmcgui. I've searched my computer for any indication of what path to add to eclipse, but I haven't found anything. Can someone please help me find out where the library for this is? I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.

Thank You Smile
they aren't python libraries, they are exported directly to the interpreter from c++ code.
Spiff, I am having the same problem. So what do I do to overcome this problem? I am also seeing Unresolved import errors for urllib2. How do I resolve that?
You should be able to create stubbed out versions of the xbmc modules and add them to the library path in eclipse. These obviously won't do anything to help you debug, but should get around the unresolved import error, as well as provide autocomplete and pydoc.

bsrinath,
Make sure you don't have python3 installed/set as your interpreter for the project in eclipse. urllib2 was merged back into urllib for 3. If that's not the problem then something is wrong with your default library paths in eclipse.
spbogie, Thanks!

- I am trying to debug, so yeah, stubbing out would not help me.
- I was able to have both 2.6 and 3.1 in my paths and was able to resolve the urllib2 errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unresolved import for xbmcplugin0