[Aeon65] [Request for comments] Removing folder.jpg support
That's a double ++ for me as well. I've been having a hard time getting my media sorted out. I share a media library between xbmc & a popcorn hour. I've retired to the tropics and the internet connection in my area is fairly spotty, so I have to download all my posters & fanart in advance.

I'm trying to get the following file naming scheme going (thanks to embermm) that gives me the most painless (relatively speaking) scraping experience with both xbmc & the popcorn hour's yamj.

tv:

banner.jpg
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
<showname>.tbn
<showname>-fanart.jpg

movies:

<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>-trailer.xxx

So is the banner/poster/fanart scheme a good plan for tvshows (it seems to work ok usually now) or should I switch to something else?

thanks.

B-Fir3 Wrote:Sounds awesome. Really happy to hear this. Smile I'm slowly building my TV collection to include banner.jpg, poster.jpg and landscape.jpg for all series. But for episode and season level I'm trying to get everything landscape.
Why remove something thats the default practice of xbmc? I believe simplicity is key.
No, need folder.jpg for TV shows!

Folder.jpg for the 16:9 format in AEON when browsing
poster.jpg for the poster when you press "i" and watch info about season/show
16:9 images should be landscape.jpg, as in alaska, and for poster.jpg you're right, used for 'Info' view. Folder.jpg is too generic, you don't really know what format the image is (banner/landscape/poster).
I have been using poster.jpg for actual series posters and then landscape.jpg in landscape view for the wide thumbs, Aeon65 doesnt pick it up when loading the shows in, so I have to manually go in and set it as the thumb for each, show, kinda a pain in the butt, but its worth it in the long run.

Would be great if Aeon65 supports landscape.jpg eventually, fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just tried Durkslag's way of doing it, and its works perfect, picks everything up on load in of tv show! Without having to set anything up. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Aeon65] [Request for comments] Removing folder.jpg support0