New Apple Tv
davilla Wrote:... is 16GB, A4, ...

Seems like we will be seeing atv app store eventually :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I will be buying 3 if it will do XBMC 1080p.

Cheap, tiny, silent. Its the perfect htpc.
Anyone know how the A4 (assuming it's clocked @ 1ghz) would compare to the processor in the current ATV? I've read that the current ATV can be a little sluggish with skins, especially the more advanced ones.
Whoever is holding out a Revo purchase or something to use this new AppleTV for a replacement- quit kidding yourself.

A Revo is perfect TODAY. NOW. The AppleTV might work as a XBMC box in a year if davilla feels like it.

Lets not put pressure on him. Spend the extra hundred and get a supported XBMC box....

poofyhairguy Wrote:Whoever is holding out a Revo purchase or something to use this new AppleTV for a replacement- quit kidding yourself.

A Revo is perfect TODAY. NOW. The AppleTV might work as a XBMC box in a year if davilla feels like it.

Lets not put pressure on him. Spend the extra hundred and get a supported XBMC box....

Personally I would rather have the new AppleTV in my living room. It's super small and a great design. Right now I use a single appletv with crystalbuntu. It works great. If davilla gets XBMC on the new appletv and it can do 1080p, in my eyes it will be the ultimate XBMC platform.
davilla Wrote:Can't tell until I get one. Right now all we know is 16GB, A4, HDMI, d/audio and microusb-b port.

For what I've read, microusb is intended for after sales,
like previous one was, and it would be harder to break.

Boxee's for november, no? It's comparable to me, and will be fully supported :-)

Arnaudv6
Arnaudv6 Wrote:For what I've read, microusb is intended for after sales,
like previous one was, and it would be harder to break.

Boxee's for november, no? It's comparable to me, and will be fully supported :-)

Arnaudv6

What makes you say the boxee box will be fully supported? I would love to run xbmc on one of those. If they were able to get that keyboard on the back of the remote working too it would be ever better!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Apple Tv0