High CPU usage
Just a quick post as I'm finding that XBMC on my Macbook while idle has around 65% CPU usage. Comparted to say Plex or Boxee, XBMc is much higher. Is this normal or should I investigate?
Depends what it's doing at the time you think it's idle. 65% sounds a little high either way in either case, however.

With more information we may be able to help further. It won't be any different (if anything, it'll use less CPU) than the XBMC forks, assuming you're not using some insanely complicated skin, ofcourse.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply. Its a clean install using the default skin with no library or media of any kind (totally clean). I'm running a Macbook with 2.0GHz processor, 2GB memory and NVIDIA 9400M graphics card on 10.6.4. After loading XBMC a couple of times and simply navigating aorund the UI, Activity Monitor says that its using around 65% CPU and I'm not even playing any video or music. i can send you my log files if you like?
Log might be useful, sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

After a little testing I'm finding that in full screen, XBMX is using around 25% CPU but if I run it in a window, it jumps to around 65%. Will send my log files just as soon as I'm back home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU usage0