Getting Bluetooth working on XBMC Live
I'm trying to get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work on a HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop with built in bluetooth.

I've tried following a number of how-to's for bluetooth and none seem to work. As I don't have the UI some of the tools recommended to configure are not available, and the tools to check USB devices don't give useful results as the bluetooth card isn't connected via USB.

So my questions are

Using just the terminal

1. What components do I need to install
2. How do I determine they are running, and that my internal bluetooth device is recognised correctly
3. How do I configure the keyboard mouse to pair, and to be a working input device.

I haven't tried configuring the laptop using a standard Ubuntu install as I was hoping to use the XBMC Live version which is in all other ways working great.
I was actually able - without any (!) problems to pair my PS3 (bluetooth) remote with the latest Dharma beta 1 release.
Used this how-to which worked fine any time I needed to use it (Camelot): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...bdremoteng

Maybe it's not the same, but maybe it helps a bit. "sudo apt-get install bluetooth" is a start.

Have a nice one!
Using: Zotac ZBOX ID84, Dual Core ATOM D2550, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD
Base system: OpenELEC 4.2 (XBMC 13.2 Gotham)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Bluetooth working on XBMC Live0