?? for Ion Users: issue with resume
Hey All,

I am noticing the last few (after a long period) resumes, When the machine wakes up I see the top bar (rapier mod - dharma) then a ton of red-green-blue- lines at the top of the screen about 1" tall and below that is just a black screen; and the machine is frozen to use. I cannot exit or ssh into it nor can I get any response from the network.

ION330, Myth 10.04 - .25 generic kernel, svn 33329, glx 256.52. Pm-suspend log shows all hooks and quirks resume fine. xorg.log shows fine, dmesg show no problems. I know that it is a suspend issue because when this happens and I have to power the machine down (hard) and reboot I have no network connection in lucid (myth 10.04) and I have to enable networking and reboot again. google results show this is a direct connection to a failed suspend or resume issue (known)

I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this at all. I am lost as to what to try next I do not recall this ever happening with 9.10 and this machine.

Thanks,

Dave
I dont use 10.04 so I cant tell ya, Im on 9.10.

Did you upgrade from 9.10 or did you do a clean install?

Normally its best to do a clean install rather than upgrade, other than that I am on minimal karmic, I would presume that new tweaks would have to be introduced to a new 10.04 system, comparing it to karmic to make all system work I introduced dozens of fixes, resume was one of them.
It's the kernel...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76944
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry, didn't realize your resume works. That link was for resume not working.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks guys for the replies,

yes always clean installs i never upgrade distro's. I had the kernel issue with .24 no resume from the usb dongle, I downgraded to .22 first and then I have upgraded to .25 kernel but I did have this same issue with the other kernels. I am starting to suspect hardware BUT it only happens after long periods more than 4 hours asleep.

Regards,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
?? for Ion Users: issue with resume0