Skin with Video Previews?
You all are very talented! Cant imagine what time and dedcation it must take to be able to create like you all do. However the newer skins don't seem to be advancing to the next level. I want to know if it's possible to create a skin where the Movies, Tv shows, Games all show a video preview when highlited? I sample video in place of the still pic or in place of fanart. There is a very creative arcade frontend which uses this concept called hyperspin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEgaqXsavYA Can this concept be brought to XBMC?

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

Thanks
Pretty neat concept, might be annoying for Movie/TV section. After first couple times of being "Wow, that cool" I'd probably get sick of seeing a video of Jack Bauer vid clip and the theme song of 24 for that split second I hover over it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Probably nice® if using animated gifs with some animation on logos. Videos? Not so much..
Nobody wants to scroll trailers, one by one...
Coding it wouldn't be much of a problem finding the resources for all of them though would.
I would love to see this added to xbmc! There should be a option to turn it off in the options too in case people get tired of seeing it. It looks very nice in the youtube video!

Hitcher is right though...the amount of resources you would need to do this is staggering. Ressurection Xtras has already put together alot of emu video previews and boxart for almost all xport emulators.
I think getting the content may be slow at first but if enough users get involved it'll come quickly. Until then each user will find his/her own resources for the content. Be great if we had a skin with that option though.
Think it would sound great when hovering over a movie and a second or 2 later a video preview or trailer with that great voice starts. Or in the games section...That would look and sound great.
I know I would use the option.

Thanks
Any other thoughts on this?
It looks like they already have this for movies also. It seems like it would be a pain to browse movies that way though. It would be kind of fun to show people when they come over, but in day to day use...no thanks.

Edit: Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_OQfn1vJ...re=related

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin with Video Previews?0