TheMovieDB vs IMDB?
Question 
Just finished getting a fresh install of the Dharma Live beta on my Acer Revo, I noticed the IMDB scraper didn't come pre-installed as usual. I went ahead and installed it from the add-ons section but then a question popped into my head. Before I start scrapping my movies, which one would be better to use?

So which one in your opinion is better and why?
mobious Wrote:Just finished getting a fresh install of the Dharma Live beta on my Acer Revo, I noticed the IMDB scraper didn't come pre-installed as usual. I went ahead and installed it from the add-ons section but then a question popped into my head. Before I start scrapping my movies, which one would be better to use?

So which one in your opinion is better and why?

i use imdb because of the ratings (more votes, imho better acurate rating)
the images from the imdb scraper you can still set on theMovieDB. so no difference in there.

the only problem i had was that i had to rescrape my movies (get info/refresh) to actually get the right runtime and fanart, dont know why but it works now Smile
http://tipok.org.ua/node/13

Linux libraries for Elgato stuff.
I use TheMovieDB as it is open data that I can contribute to without risk of that contribution being "owned" by some company.

It's a community resource - use it and improve it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah well I decided to go back to the IMDB scraper mainly due to the ratings aswell, I miss em too much. Also with Dharma it seems to have a ton more features I never noticed before like trailers and such. Thanks for the replies guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB vs IMDB?0