Wrong Episode Titles & Information
Please pardon me if this has already been adequately addressed, but I got hit with the phone book when I searched.

XBMC is loading the wrong episode information in Tv Shows. It has also done this a few times in Movies. The show I'm having lots of trouble with is Doctor Who. I've been using Ember (which can't find anything for this series).

I tried some variations on the file name.
Season 27 (if you count the old series)
Season 1 (if you count it as starting at 1 again in 2005)

The movies I recall giving me trouble were Sunshine (the sun is dying and astronauts are sent to re-light it) and the Karate Kid (gave me the old Ralph Machio stuff for the new film).
Don't guess the name of TV Series - check the naming convention in the TVDB and name your folders/files accordingly.

Similarly with movies - though naming with year of production in brackets ie The Karate Kid (2010) should differentiate between versions.

Oh and when reporting issues please see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Larz Wrote:Please pardon me if this has already been adequately addressed, but I got hit with the phone book when I searched.

XBMC is loading the wrong episode information in Tv Shows. It has also done this a few times in Movies. The show I'm having lots of trouble with is Doctor Who. I've been using Ember (which can't find anything for this series).

I tried some variations on the file name.
Season 27 (if you count the old series)
Season 1 (if you count it as starting at 1 again in 2005)

The movies I recall giving me trouble were Sunshine (the sun is dying and astronauts are sent to re-light it) and the Karate Kid (gave me the old Ralph Machio stuff for the new film).

At least for Doctor Who, my setup is:

m:\tvshows\Doctor Who\s01\dwc 01x01 unearthly child.avi
m:\tvshows\Doctor Who\s26\dwc 26x14 survival pt3.avi

[There is no season 27 for DW Classic]

For the new Who:

m:\tvshows\Doctor Who (2005)\s01\dw2005 1x01 rose.avi
m:\tvshows\Doctor Who (2005)\s05\dw2005 5x13 the big bang.avi

For the specials (Christmas Invasion, Time Crash, etc.) check out thetvdb.com for the correct special number. A couple of examples:

Time Crash: m:\tvshows\Doctor Who (2005)\specials\dw2005 0x6 time crash.avi
The Five Doctors: m:\tvshows\Doctor Who\specials\dwc 0x2 the five doctors.avi

[EDIT: I use XBMC to scrape. I do not use Ember. I'd guess that if it's using TheTVDB that the above naming should still work.]

Hope this helps!
Brian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Episode Titles & Information0