no picture but sound.
Sad 
Fairly new to xbmc.I installed xbmc and ran it (to be told- i am missing d3dx9_42.dll)and kicked out so wont install without the file.

No problem went to microsofts site and D/l'ed direct X setup and ran it.
As it was installing it told me 'cab file cant be trusted and check cryptographic sevices are enabled.setup failed.
No way of checking the cab file and crypto was running.
So just added the missing d3dx9_42.dll file to the xbmc folder and it installed xbmc fine.

So now its all running.I see all the menus etc and it is running just about as it should.
Bear in mind before I reinstalled windows this was all running sweetly.

play any file...avi...or mkv file and I can hear it fine but just get a black screen.

Ive updated windows.Reinstalled all drivers.no joy.then added all the codecs for win 7 and mkv.and played about with the video output in xbmc
Nothing.

So i tried playing the same files in vlc player and all run fine (sound and picture).
So its got to be xbmc.
Like I said before reinstalling all worked well.Now only sound.

Secondly, on my tv series I have (name of series) folder
inside I have a folder for season 1,folder for season 2 etc...

now xbmc will show the root folder, let say simpsons with a nice folder cover.
when I click and look inside at the other folders ,season 1,2,3, etc..
it used to show a cover for each season,they were scraped..
I looked through all the scraper settings and even changed through all the different scrapers and refreshed.Binned the old scraper lists and let it download new scraper info.
But still no covers in the sub folders(seasons) only on the original(simpsons-containing all the sub folders).
Im running confluence, skin. 9.11 xbmc.on win 7 64bit.

Any help would stop me tearing out what little hair I have left.
Thankyou.
You absolutly need to install the DirectX End-User runtime (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en). Copying the dll is not enough.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
thanks blinkseb, I thought that would be it.Its the only file that xbmc asks for to install.
Microsoft wont answer the question on why people are getting problems installing direct X.There are so many people who have this problem and no cure.Guess I'll have to install windows again.
As for part two everyone I have read the wiki on setting content and scrapers and the file structure is correct just wont scrape the series pictures.

simpsons--
- series 1
- series 2 etc

with the files in each folder. odd.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no picture but sound.0