XBMC on new Macbook Pro issue
Question 
so i setup a new Macbook pro with xbmc and i scanned for new content everything went smoothly it scanned all my shows movies music etc.

Problem it didnt scrape the fanart, and poster for the content. I tried scraping with thetvdb.... no luck

Also i have all the poster and fanart in the appropriate folders with the tv shows & movies(Exported library into seperate files from another xbmc pc)... its not picking them up i dont know why....do i need the log file? if so where is it located in mac os x
Yup - grab the log from a scanning session.

1. Turn on debug logging. Settings->System->Debugging.
2. Go to a show/movie without a folder.
3. Go to Movie Information or TVShow Information.
4. Refresh. Allow it to use local information.
5. Log is in <your_home_dir>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Yup - grab the log from a scanning session.

1. Turn on debug logging. Settings->System->Debugging.
2. Go to a show/movie without a folder.
3. Go to Movie Information or TVShow Information.
4. Refresh. Allow it to use local information.
5. Log is in <your_home_dir>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

Cheers,
Jonathan

ok i tried it one last time and it picked up the local data.... but now XBMC system info is only showing me 344 mb of ram my mac however has 4 GB ram.

here is the log Sad http://pastebin.com/JvtVHevx
I have been having problems on my AppleTV with scraping TV shows. It looks like the Plex release slammed the TVdb website and the site is working intermittently. This could be related to your issue.
According to your log it's caching fanart and posters no problem for most items.

Which particular items is it not showing the poster and fanart for? Turn on debug logging, and refresh that item from the movie/tvshow information dialog.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on new Macbook Pro issue0