[WINDOWS] Right rear speaker doesn't work
Hi,

I'm new to XBMC and setting up a media center. Recently I bought an old Creative Inspire T5400 5.1 Speaker set (Analog with three 3.5mm cables to the subwoofer). They work fine in Windows and VLC, but in XBMC for some reason the right rear speaker doesn't produce any sound. The problem applies to all my multichannel files (DTS WAV and AC3), but only in XBMC. I used the last stable version (9.11) and the beta (Dharma), but in both versions the right rear speaker wouldn't work. Sound was set to analog in both and in XBMC Dharma to 5.1 as well. My specs are the following:

CPU: Intel Celeron 440 2.0GHz @ 2.4 GHz
Mobo: ASRock G43Twins-FullHD
HD: WD Blue 500GB (WD5000AAKS)
Sound: Integrated Realtek HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)
Video: NVidia Geforce 8400GS

Hope my problem can be fixed. I'd really appreciate any help...

PS: sorry for my bad English:o
If it helps, I found out that my subwoofer channel and right rear channel are swapped in XBMC. Is there a way to remap the channels or something like that in XBMC?
Hi TChosenOne,

I can have a look for you, but I do not use the windows build, so I will need more information. Can you please pastebin.com your XBMC log so I can have a look.

It might need some WIN32 TLC since I develop xbmc's audio layer primarily under linux
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
http://pastebin.com/7NecjXbz

I've played two 5.1 songs and one movie with 5.1 sound. I noticed that the log describes the Guns N' Roses song as a stereo file but XBMC does play it in 5.1 without upmixing albeit with the channels being swapped.

Edit: Also with Dharma, my right rear speaker has sound again when playing movies with 5.1 AC3 sound, but my problem still remains when trying to play 5.1 DTS audio files. So I think there might be a problem with the DTS decoder...

Anyways, I really appreciate your efforts in trying to fix the problemSmile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Right rear speaker doesn't work0