xbox w/ partition drive is data whiping...
Sad 
i have a 500gb soft modded xbox. runing evo x. it is partitioned to use the g drive. there is 65gb still left on the drive, but after recently backing up a few games, it is deleting other games.

i have been looking for a solution to this. i have read that it could be: something to do with haveing too may games with long winded dir's (ie. star wars jedi knight: jedi outcast), bad initial partitioning, partitioned drives cannot have partitions larger than 256gb to prevent whiping, etc. ,etc.

all i want to do is to format the whole thing and start from scratch... but, without losing the xbox games i have already backed up.

i have tried FTPing them using flashfxp using a crossover cable. but the files tend to take forever and never fully copy over? they only copy like 200mb and i have stopped all of them before they have finished because i let one attempt to transfer for over an hour and it still wasn't done...

i am stuck. am i FTPing them wrong? is there a better way to back up my back ups so i do not have to lose them when i re-format my xbox hd. finally is there a suggested partition to use to prevent data wiping (what is the real cause of this)?

please help.
thanks.
Dude this is an XBMC forum!!

1st XBMC for XBOX is not supported anymore
2nd your question has nothing to do with XBMC

go on xbox-scene to get help
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

you probably answered your own questions, partition larger than 256...use xbpartitioner

yes, head over to xb-scene or http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox w/ partition drive is data whiping...0