Too slow for 720p in win media center.
I apologize in advance for the ignorant questons lol.....

I have my Xbox setup as a media center on my 720p HDTV. Im using windows media center and the Xbox is setup as an extension. Everything is networked with a dynex wireless router but both the PC (the one Im using for the media center anyway) and the Xbox are connected with a cat5. Im using avi file format.

The problem is: I cannot stream 720p or better. It gets slow and choppy. A normal 700MB file will play great, just nothing HD.

I did some google searching to no avail, found this forum and did some searching here and still havent came up with anything. I hope that covers all the details needed to answer the question properly. Thanks in advance for any input!
The original xBox doesn't have the computing power to play HD files. To get a better idea of what it can handle, check out this table in the wiki. For HD, you'll have to move to something with a bit more grunt. You should be able to get advise in the hardware section of the forum for minimum specs for HD conteng.
Constructacon Wrote:The original xBox doesn't have the computing power to play HD files. To get a better idea of what it can handle, check out this table in the wiki. For HD, you'll have to move to something with a bit more grunt. You should be able to get advise in the hardware section of the forum for minimum specs for HD conteng.

Thanks for the answer! That shines some light on the situation!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too slow for 720p in win media center.0