TV Episodes in Video_TS format
I ran into an issue with having Video_TS folder videos showing up under TV shows in xbmc. If the show is designated as a TV series, xbmc will not show the folders within that would house the Video_TS folders for each episode.

The show I am specifically having problems with is Mystery Science Theater 3000, I have several volumes that I have purchased over the years in which each disc includes one episode of the series. I was hoping that after I renamed the folder so that the scraper would be able to find it on thetvdb, that it would show up in the library, but that is not the case.

I know that when it is configured as a movie I need to tell the folder to 'stack' the files within it so that it opens like a DVD, but that option is unclickable in TV shows.
Series on dvd's doesn't work at all really. patches to get that to work better would be welcome.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Agreed, I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for this.
Gestalt Wrote:Agreed, I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for this.

Or just convert/rip each episode into its own file - will be so much quicker and more flexible too.
I may not understand your specific problem, but I have TV series working with episodes ripped from DVD and it works quite well. Here's how I have things setup.

I have a parent folder for a TV show, and then subfolders named appropriately for each episode. In each episode folder is a DVD structure for that episode

Code:
\TV_Series  (parent folder for all TV shows)
     \FireFly
           \FireFly_101_TheTrainJob
                  VIDEO_TS.BUP
                  VIDEO_TS.IFO
                  VTS_01_0.BUP
                  VTS_01_0.IFO
                  VTS_01_1.IFO
                  VTS_01_2.IFO

etc - add each episode in its own folder named such that TVDB can parse it.

I added this to my advancedsettings.xml file

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>

When I add TV_Series as a source and set content as TV, things get scraped right in and works exactly as expected.

Hope that helps -

Rich

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Episodes in Video_TS format0