XBMC Success story with almost completely web/php driven backend
@DejaVu77, same here! I was downloading everything using SABNzbd+ but manually, adding sickbeard and couchpotato have made such a huge difference, absolutely LOVE how everything is automated now.

now I would like to setup a site that that unifies everything onto one page kind of like @Nick8888 has in the screenshot on the 2nd page of this thread.

@compcentral, I think you are going to like Subsonic, its such a cool program to stream your music with and is awesome at handling podcasts as well.

I like Tonido for streaming video to a browser on a notebook (which AirVideo doesn't do) but I so rarely do that, watching on my iPad is much nicer. and as far as everything else, Tonido doesnt do as good of a job as other services (Picasa, Subsonic, Google Docs, etc.)
Thought I'd share how far I've got, just so peeps realise how serious I am about doing this (been attempting things for hours now - forgot how rusty I was!)

Managed to get Coming Episodes implemented. It's easy once you know how. Just need to work out how to change a CSS margin when loading a different page and how to implement a good looking scroll bar to a DIV with an adjusted iFrame involved. Still scrolls with mouse wheel though. (Headaches!)

I used Sab's Mobile interface on my XBMC one side and my PC the other (I have 2 Newsgroup accounts!). The Sab icon launches Sab Config pages for each.

All Nav links open new pages as I cant work out how to adjust the CSS margin business.

See what you reckon though, design is still a work in progress, but looks great on my 50" TV!!
Still trying to work out the HDD Percentage stuff.

Looks great.

I wish I knew where to start with this sort of thing. I have couch potato, sickbeard, XWMM etc all running on my server (along with apache, mysql, php etc) and a basic knowledge of them all but not the first idea of how to start stitching them together.
Glad to see that stuff worked for you DejaVu. Make sure to get firebug firefox addon if you are doing any css editing like that.

For all others, I am still planning on making mine releasable in the next few weeks, just been real busy.
Nick8888 Wrote:For all others, I am still planning on making mine releasable in the next few weeks, just been real busy.

LaughLaugh
Nick8888 Wrote:Here's something I've been cooking up lately which sounds similar. XBMC, Sickbeard, Couch Potato, Tvheadend, Sabnzbd, Transmission, XWMM and a Trac server all running through apache. I then created a cron.hourly script which creates this dashboard type home page using html, css and iframes.

The upcoming episodes section is in the iframe and is shown here containing sick-beard's coming episode page (which I themed with css to match).

All the stuff in orange link to the iframe. for instance I created html anchor links for the recent movies so it loads the xbmc movie page to the correct movie (in the iframe) which displays movie info and a play link (then taking it to the nowplaying with poster view). Unfortunately I had to remove posters from the xbmc movie page as it took too long to load the whole page then find the correct html anchor.

Still lots to do to finish it and unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to get it to a stage where I am able to share in full (as it is largely customized) but it does show some of what is able to be done with just html and a bash script. I am interested in sharing elements such as my edited css for sickbeard and couch potato to match the black and orange theme (inspired by plex) but it is quite messy as I am new to this stuff and most was trial and error.

Looks excellent!

I've just begun doing something similar through drupal, and I have a few questions.

How did you get the available drive space area to work?

Also, how did you get the recent movies and tv shows to populate?

Thanks!
Hi Jodeman,

Its all done through a bash script. I've just put it up on github. Ill send you a pm if you want to test it.

EDIT: Here it is for anyone else: http://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage It is pretty messy to configure and probably wont work for most people. I am not offering any support as I am working on converting it to php.
Concerning the usage of Tonido.

I installed tonido and the plugin in order to open amazon or other pages. This works, but when I try to connect to SABNzbd+ or other progs, it fails.

If I try to connect to localhost, I connect to my localhost (client) but not the localhost of the server where Tonido is installed. The same happens when I fix the ip of the server and connect to it instead of localhost.

Any advice?

Thanks
Nick8888 Wrote:Hi Jodeman,

Its all done through a bash script. I've just put it up on github. Ill send you a pm if you want to test it.

EDIT: Here it is for anyone else: http://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage It is pretty messy to configure and probably wont work for most people. I am not offering any support as I am working on converting it to php.

Cool, I will check it out tonight
@Targettio, I'm planning on redoing it all with php and xbmc's new jsonrpc stuff. Probably not worth your effort trying to configure that bash script, its very messy.
Jaybarti Wrote:The baseline consists of a ASRock ION 330Pro The high points are the Intel® Dual Core Atom™ 330 and the NVIDIA® ION™ graphics processor.

Can you release an .iso of your setup ?
So a newb like me could use it ?
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
Nick8888 Wrote:@Targettio, I'm planning on redoing it all with php and xbmc's new jsonrpc stuff. Probably not worth your effort trying to configure that bash script, its very messy.

Ok, I won't try and set it up but I will read over the code to see how you have done it.
osirisjem Wrote:Can you release an .iso of your setup ?
So a newb like me could use it ?

I do plan on making an ISO as I want to build similar devices for my friends, however I will say that it isn't ready for prime time as I still have some serious startup issues with some things not launching properly. Also I haven't been able to construct a unified interface yet.

I haven't had any time to resolve these issues sadly, fall is keeping me quite busy. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to finalize some aspects of it and generate a rough ISO copy.
All those efforts are looking great! Why not join forces to split the workload?
This is such a great idea. I never thought about doing this.
But I am looking forward to seeing something released, if I can wait that long and not start to play around myself to see if I can pull something together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Success story with almost completely web/php driven backend0