Problems when pausing video (audio goes out)
Since updating to the later versions from the SVN PPA I've got a very strange problem.

When I pause a video the sound stops working and it's because it kind of crashes my receiver. I actually have to pull out the electric cord to be able to restart it and get it to work again. It only happens when I pause a video in XBMC, stopping a video and starting it works without problem. It only happens when pausing.

Here's a debug log of me reproducing the problem.

http://pastebin.com/Mpu6Hq3V

Running on an ASRock ION 330
Anyone with a clue to what could have change that would cause this? It's pretty annoying but can be circumvented by using stop instead of pause. Is there a difference in how the sound is handled when pausing compared to stopping?
So should I just live with this problem or should I post a bug in trac to get a response?
Bump
Ahh I'm not alone. Smile Same. It is ever since upgrading to Dharma Beta1. I've used it on a minimal install of ubuntu, the livecd and xbmcfreak all with the same results. If needed I can upload a log to compare.
skunkfu Wrote:Ahh I'm not alone. Smile Same. It is ever since upgrading to Dharma Beta1. I've used it on a minimal install of ubuntu, the livecd and xbmcfreak all with the same results. If needed I can upload a log to compare.

Great to see that I'm not alone. Maybe it can get some attention.

I created a ticket, feel free to add your debug log there as well.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10110
http://pastebin.com/ZUckhuiB

Boom.
Sounds like the receiver is locking up when receiving a partial packet. What is the make and model of the receiver?

The new AudioEngine branch passthrough (as of last night) should be able to work around this as the audio output thread runs even if there is no data, which means there will always be proper IEC958 frames being sent at all times, even if the payload is empty.

Unfortunately, there are too many issues to make AE usable right now, so stay tuned and it should be fixed when AE is ready and merged into trunk.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif Wrote:Sounds like the receiver is locking up when receiving a partial packet. What is the make and model of the receiver?

The new AudioEngine branch passthrough (as of last night) should be able to work around this as the audio output thread runs even if there is no data, which means there will always be proper IEC958 frames being sent at all times, even if the payload is empty.

Unfortunately, there are too many issues to make AE usable right now, so stay tuned and it should be fixed when AE is ready and merged into trunk.

It's a Yamaha rx-v461 and it hasn't had any troubles pausing before. It showed up after the latest SVN PPA updates.
Yamaha RX-V361. Haha why did I have to buy the cheapest receiver at the time? Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems when pausing video (audio goes out)0