Window size issue when starting Firefox in Launcher
I am running XBMC live on Acer Revo 1600 connected to Samsung 51" HDTV via HDMI. XBMC works perfectly but when I start Firefox using the Launcher Plugin the firefox window is so huge that I can only see a small part of it (upper left corner). I cannot re-size it, drag it or do anything with it. It seems to be working but is just so big that I can't see much.

I have adjusted font size and DPI in Gnome so that Firefox looks fine if I exit XBMC and run it in Gnome. These setting have no affect on Firefox when I start it from the launcher.

HELP!
I am a noob when it comes to linux but i managed to do this. Maybe this helps you as well.

I use the executor addon. You can install it through the addons section in xbmc. After you installed the plugin go to the terminal (with ctrl+alt+f1) and type "which firefox". The terminal will return the location of firefox. Then go back into xbmc and go to the executor addon. Add the location of firefox in here and hit enter.

The next window is important for you. You can enter parameters here. I added "--fullscreen" and that worked perfectly. You can also try setting the parameters like this "-height 720 width -1280" (without the quotes).

Then in the next window enter a name and you can start using firefox.

The problem I still had was the small font in the addressbar and menu bar. It was unreadible on my tv. I used this link to change it. http://blog.websitestyle.com/index.php/2...on-ubuntu/

Change the menubar with this code the same way as descibed in the article above: menupopup > * { font-size: 18pt !important}

Hope this helps... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Window size issue when starting Firefox in Launcher0