"play all" in my music
without having to create a playlist, and to play mp3's in sub-folders, is there a way to just play all files? if not, this would be real handy.

i hope i'm not missing anything...still a little on the noob side.
well, a simple way is just to hit y on the parent folder - this will queue up everything within the folder to a playlist, and start it playing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

he said "without creating a playlist"  :p ...i see a lot of people asking for this lately, glad i'm not the only one.

trust me, it'll be added in time.

at the moment, having a big playlist is the best thing you can do.

cheers,
jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ dec. 10 2004,05:13 Wrote:trust me, it'll be added in time.

at the moment, having a big playlist is the best thing you can do.

cheers,
jonathan
glad to hear, j. keep up the good work. it's just that every time i inquire about this or other features your response is usually "do this instead" and you never mention that it will in fact be worked on in the future. that's all you gotta say, i'm already aware of the workarounds  Smile

thanks.

my first post, but i've been using xmbc since march time and thought it was about time i started to contribute. xbmc was the sole reason that i bought an xbox and i really appreciate all the dedicated work you guys are putting in!

i have a playlist containing all my music (>2000 tracks) and a python script that autoloads and shuffles it as soon as xbmc loads. if i want to listen to some music i often just switch on the xbox and let it start playing this shuffled playlist, but i'll often go to view the playlist and scan down the first 20 or so tracks and remove any i don't feel like listening to. on different days when i'm in different moods, or if friends are round then different tracks might get removed. this is only possible with the way that shuffle used to work where you can see the order that tracks will get played. i guess it just depends on how you use playlists. just thought it was worth voicing my support for the shuffle method.

all this has kinda hijacked the original poster's thread that was actually suggesting a "play any track" option. to add to jmarshall's original reply, you can achieve this with a playlist and automate it with python like i do to autoplay any track when xbmc loads (the scripts can be found on the download pages). however i agree that "play any track" would be cool to have built in and would save having to maintain a master playlist whenever you get new music. iirc this was one of the features that differentiated the original ipod from the competition at the time and i believe that xmbc is now at the stage where these little tweaks and finishing touches really make a difference.
Shocked thats so cool! a python script that autoloads and shuffles it as soon as xbmc loads?
is it possible you could give me an example on how to enter this script? that would be great.
thanx
cool. i found it. and it works! thanx anyhoo. and for anyone else...
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p....1709369

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"play all" in my music0