Dharma on ATV performance?
Hi,

anyone trying the Dharma beta on AppleTV who can report his impressions on performance ?

Does it "feel" slower or faster than Camelot ?

Thanks
Hey,

I was completely satisfied with ATV's (linux) performance before the upgrade, and now, after upgrade, although totally subjective impression with default confluence skin: no serious difference noticed.

Bottom line: still very satisfied.
Same here. No difference noticed in performance. (AppleTV + Ubuntu + Crystal HD)
thanks

anyone using it without Linux (on the stock ATV MacOS) ?
It's got my ATV locked up at the main menu. I put it in two days ago via the downloads. It worked for awhile, of course everything I had (plugins, tv shows etc) disappeared. It locked up while I was playing with a couple of different skins. The last skin was Media Stream. It's probably Media Stream that has it locked up. Looking in the logs files give me, myself and I no clues to what happened. I have tried restarting the ATV several times and it stops at the main menu function, stuck on Software Menu.
anyone tried beta 2 on native (not Linux) ATV ?
Yup - running on the ATV OSx.

Seems to run fine. I am using the Night skin. No problems to report.
I was running the linux stick but opted to run stock ATV so I could use music cross fading and ProjectM again. And also take advantage of the newer skins.
I am waiting and hoping for another linux stick to use with the final Dharma as the performance is much snappier.
I'm running one aTV with the standard o/s and latest dharma release and another aTV running a custom linux install with the latest dharma release.

The standard o/s aTV works fine, but slow in the menus as has been discussed many a time here and the linux aTV is just awesome.

Cheers,

Jason.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
I have Dharma beta 2 using Confluence skin, running on standard ATV (3.0.2), launcher 3.2.5 (and no CrystalHD). Very impressed with this build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma on ATV performance?0