Cheapest hardware to run XBMC
Hi,

I am trying to find out from folks what is the cheapest hardware to run xbmc on.

Mandatory are the following:

FANLESS
HDMI
USB 2 or more
RCA and/or component a/v
Wireless (maybe)
RJ45

TIA

Zulfee
Look at Single Core Acer Revos

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:Look at Single Core Acer Revos

That was my immediate reaction, though the Revos aren't fanless. However they are very quiet and pretty cheap. If you really want fanless you'll have to pay considerably more than you would for a Revo.

JR
plus single core Revos aren't easy to come by now
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
R 1600 is still pretty expensive and the last time I bought one was for 209.00. Now the R3610's are 319 or something.

I was looking more for a price in the range of 99 dollars or something.

Surely there must be someone running it on an SBC or a custom set top box.

TIA,

Zulfee
$99 price range = keep saving your pennies, or look for a killer deal on a used Computer

-=Jason=-
Nothing exists in the $99 dolar range except getting an old Pentium 4 system for like $20 and adding a $50 8400 GS to it.....

cable_guy Wrote:plus single core Revos aren't easy to come by now

You aren't kidding. I think Acer realized they couldn't get people to buy the 3610 because the 1600 did 1080p playback, so my guess is they intentionally took it off the market. Notice that the cheapest nettop from Acer is now ~$350.
What is more crazy is despite the popularity of single core Revos, no ION2 kit will be single core.

near silent, and you'd have to add a usb hub I guess, but a 40GB ATV from ebay ($about 80 and dropping like a rock since new ATV was announced) + $50 crystalHD card does a pretty good job for cheap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest hardware to run XBMC0