• 9(current)
[RELEASE] JDownloader Plugin
I've searched several topics here related to jdownloader and the plug-in with several people reporting the same problem I have and members here posting the fixes but they don't seem to work for me.

I have jdownloader running on my computer, I have JD Remote Control extension on with port 10025, I have the jdownloader plug-in installed on my ATV2, and I have set the IP on the jdownloader plug-into to the IP of my computer on the network and set to port 10025.

On my computer I can DL files from the internet with jdownloader just fine, but on my ATV2 every time I try to "Download with jdownloader" in IceFilms I get "Failed to connect to server". When I try to open the jdownloader plug-in I get "Failed to connect to server".

Is there something else I am supposed to configure?
QuillianRayne Wrote:I've searched several topics here related to jdownloader and the plug-in with several people reporting the same problem I have and members here posting the fixes but they don't seem to work for me.

I have jdownloader running on my computer, I have JD Remote Control extension on with port 10025, I have the jdownloader plug-in installed on my ATV2, and I have set the IP on the jdownloader plug-into to the IP of my computer on the network and set to port 10025.

On my computer I can DL files from the internet with jdownloader just fine, but on my ATV2 every time I try to "Download with jdownloader" in IceFilms I get "Failed to connect to server". When I try to open the jdownloader plug-in I get "Failed to connect to server".

Is there something else I am supposed to configure?

nevermind... I stumbled on a solution by accident...

I was testing out some other plug-ins and I installed the utorrent plug-in. When I went to the configuration of the utorrent plug-in there was a different IP address similar to the one I was using and also it was set to port 8080.

I entered those settings into the jdownloader plug-in and it works. Big Grin

interesting to say the least.

if for some reason I should not be using port 8080 please let me know otherwise I will assume I have resolved my problem.
QuillianRayne Wrote:I entered those settings into the jdownloader plug-in and it works. Big Grin

interesting to say the least.

Indeed. Indeed. It's weird that it is working with port 8080. Can't imagine how, but if it does it's fine with me Wink
JDownloader Plugin - Handle JDownloader from within xbmc
RlsBB Plugin - Add links from rlsbb.com to JDownloader/pyLoad
pgoeri Wrote:Ok, I see.

And how about the solution with installing a jre (java) on the atv?

I was actually able to successfully install java (Soylatte) onto my ATV1, but cannot get jDownlaoder to work. I think it has to do with getting java to start up on the ATV1. I've followed the instructions on http://www.hackint0sh.org/f291/65965.htm & http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Install_Java, but cannot get it to work.

I've tried editing the .profile and /etc/rc.local file with:

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home
export PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home/bin:$PATH

But it didn't seem to do anything. Even without the java install, I am able to run jDownloader synced with my laptop. It runs fine this way, but I don't want to turn on my laptop each time I want to download something with jDownloader.

After going through the entire thread from the hackint0sh forum, my understanding was that those guys were able to run jDownloader directly from the ATV1 without having to sync it with separate computer.

I've tried different IP and different ports, but nothing is working. Currently, I have it set on 127.0.0.1 (jDownloader & XBMC installed on ATV1) with port 10025 and I get the "failed to connect to server" error. Then I would have to change the IP to my laptop (192.168.X.X:10025) and it would work.

I'm probably missing something (either wrong port or wrong IP), but it can't be this complicated. According to the hackint0sh thread, I think I need a sh script to start up java, but I thought that's what the "export" commands above were for?

Any help to get this working directly from my ATV1 would be greatly appreciated. I would like to eliminate the laptop.
HiJacK Wrote:I've tried different IP and different ports, but nothing is working. Currently, I have it set on 127.0.0.1 (jDownloader & XBMC installed on ATV1) with port 10025 and I get the "failed to connect to server" error. Then I would have to change the IP to my laptop (192.168.X.X:10025) and it would work.

127.0.0.1 is definitly correct. That's alway the ip adress of the local computer. In this case your ATV1.
10025 should also be correct. My guess is that either you haven't startet jdownloader or you haven't activated the jdownloader "remote control plugin".

HiJacK Wrote:I'm probably missing something (either wrong port or wrong IP), but it can't be this complicated. According to the hackint0sh thread, I think I need a sh script to start up java, but I thought that's what the "export" commands above were for?

Yeah you'll need the the script to start up java.

The export command doesn't start anything. It's just setting up the environment (configuration) for later started applications. It just defines where java is installed on your atv1.

HiJacK Wrote:Any help to get this working directly from my ATV1 would be greatly appreciated. I would like to eliminate the laptop.

I hope we can figure this outs together.
pgoeri Wrote:127.0.0.1 is definitly correct. That's alway the ip adress of the local computer. In this case your ATV1.
10025 should also be correct. My guess is that either you haven't startet jdownloader or you haven't activated the jdownloader "remote control plugin".
That's the problem I'm having. If my IP is 127.0.0.1:10025, then I can't start/activate jdownloader. I get the "failed to connect to server" message. How would I "activate" the jdownloader "remote control plugin" from the ATV1? I'm guessing port 10025 has nothing to do with it.

Would I need a separate script or install a program to start it up?

Quote:Yeah you'll need the the script to start up java.

The export command doesn't start anything. It's just setting up the environment (configuration) for later started applications. It just defines where java is installed on your atv1.

Ah, that explains why the export command didn't do anything. I think the java wiki is incomplete because it doesn't explain how to start up java. I think the guy that wrote the wiki never got jdownloader working correctly. However, there were a few guys from the hackint0sh forum that got it working. One guy (christophfe; post #34) says he got it working with a script to start up java and X11.http://www.hackint0sh.org/f291/65965-4.htm

If you go to page #1 of the hackingt0sh thread and read post #5, the guy asks how to export the declarations and automatically start up java on the ATV. In the next post #6, Ash (who got it working) says by setting the export command it should start up java. I either mis-read or misunderstood his statement, but I thought that was the key to getting jdownloader to start/work.

I know I installed java correctly because when I go to putty and type java -version, I get a version number with a bunch of other info. I don't know how to test to see if X11 was installed correctly. In the wiki for installing X11, step #4 is very confusing... "After editing, the function "installationCheck()" should empty. (Only {})". I have no idea what he's talking about? http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Install_Java

Ash doesn't mention editing the "X11Update2006.dist" file. He just says "The package can be installed using this command:
sudo installer -pkg <path to x11 install package> -target /", which I did.

Quote:I hope we can figure this outs together.
Yes, I hope we can figure this out together. Maybe someone that got it working on a ATV1 can shed some light and show me the way Big Grin
So from a different addon we can pass a link to this addon which can pass it on to jdownlaoder to download.

Is it possible to also pass in the download location and filename that it should create with the link passed in?
ndeshmukh Wrote:Is it possible to also pass in the download location and filename that it should create with the link passed in?

No, it is not. But it could be that it's possible with the recent version of the jd remote control (jd nightly build).

Unfortunately I don't have time right now do implement those new features in the xbmc plugin.
Thanks for this, great idea to have access to a generic downloading tool.

I'm set up mostly succesfully, adding downloads from icefilms and able to pause and restart jdownloader from the plugin.

Finished packages isn't showing any of my completed downloads though, not a big deal as I can see the 100 % in the All Packages, but just wondering if I've missed some config? I the idea that once I can see items in the Finished packages section I'll be able to launch play them in XBMC?

I can see the Default Path, txt file and DCL file in the add-on settings, but note sure what these should be set to? Path == Download path? Txt file and DCL, not a clue. Sorry if I've missed an explanation for these somewhere.

Awesome plug in that I'm sure I'll use a lot through icefilm and others. Cheers.
gerner Wrote:Finished packages isn't showing any of my completed downloads though, not a big deal as I can see the 100 % in the All Packages, but just wondering if I've missed some config? I the idea that once I can see items in the Finished packages section I'll be able to launch play them in XBMC?

I can see the Default Path, txt file and DCL file in the add-on settings, but note sure what these should be set to? Path == Download path? Txt file and DCL, not a clue. Sorry if I've missed an explanation for these somewhere.

@finished packages
I'll have a look into it, and fix it in the next release, if there is a problem.

@play finished downloads
That's a good idea. I'll try to implement that in the next release.

@files config
These settings are only relevant, if you add links from a txt file or a dlc container via the plugin. (e.g. from a usb stick)
edit
Hi there,

XBMC under Windows offers the option to go into standby or shutdown after a time of inactivity. This means when no kind of video or music (MP3/InternetRadio) is playing, the XBMC will shutdown/suspend the PC.
Is there a possibility, that XBMC also watches the JDownloader client for activity? i.E. status: Running or download rate or cued downloads?

The target is that XBMC only goes to sleep, when JD has finished his jobs...

That would be great!
I had this plugin working perfectly but now in having a problem. Whenever I try to view All Packages in xbmc I get script failed ! : plugin.program.jdownloader

Anyone know hot to fix this? Also I have never seen anything under Tinished Packages. Anyone know why this is or how I can fix it. Thx!

I'm running XBMC under Windows XP Pro but cannot get Jdownloader to work. It keeps saying "script failed -> "Error: Failed to connect to server"...
Are there any other ip addresses and port numbers I could try ?

I'm running the latest version of XBMC and a few other addon's dont work either like "PseudoTV" and "uTorrent" as far as
programs are concerned. No updates have been mentioned so I'm assuming the plugins are up to date..

I was running XBMC on an Apple Tv 1st Generation box and pretty much gave up on it when I found there was XBMC for other platforms....

Any ideas ??

thanks....
Is this plugin working, and the auto-refresh feature added?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] JDownloader Plugin4