DVD Cover Art Question (Confluence)
With the Confluence skin, is it possible to display DVD cover art without the beveled overlay? I created a life-like CD case in Photoshop that I include my cover images, but the bevelled overly is obscuring my finely detailed edges. Sad
Jon Heal | Have a nice day!

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
I tried the MediaStream Redux skin and the same beveled overlay appears on the DVD cover images, so I suppose this is not a skin-specific feature but rather a lower level XBMC feature. I'm pessimistic that it can somehow be toggled off. Rats.

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
it is skin specific - but the images are packed into the file Textures.xbt and as far as I know there isn't a way to unpack->edit->repack them.

You could go to the SVN for confluence at https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...onfluence/ - look in the media directory there. Then I think you should be able to edit your skin and use the texture packer software to create a new Textures.xbt file. (not sure where to get this software but I believe it's free)
In ViewsVideoLibrary.xml use find replace in notepad++ to replace the following you can replace all entries for each one using replace all, just replace it with a dash -

ThumbBorder.png
button-nofocus.png

If you also want to remove the highlight on the to left corner of the cover replace

GlassOverlay.png

Maybe you should read the skinning wiki and add your CD case to the skin
thnmnt and >>X<<, thanks for your help.

>>X<<, I located VideoViewsLibrary.xml when I viewed Package Contents of XBMC.app. I replaced the references as instructed and also replaced the references to ThumbShadow.png with a dash.

However, these changes made no difference. The border and shadow PNGs are still being applied to the DVD cover thumbnails. Is this a change that requires recompiling the application?

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
Did you change all the entries because there are multiples of each one

Here's mine before and after maybe we're not talking about the same thing ?

This is where I edited the XML file:

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p

Is that the correct path? I did change multiple entries.

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
I would think so but I'm not familiar with this OS you did save the changes right ?
>>X<<' Wrote:I would think so but I'm not familiar with this OS you did save the changes right ?

I noticed that the changes do take effect with certain views, like the Poster Wrap view. But they don't seem to apply to the view I'm using, the plain old List view. I'm guessing I need to edit another XML file.

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10
Hadn't really noticed it in that view not using the skin myself just saw your question and took a quick look, I would have thought its in that xml somewhere Smile
>>X<<' Wrote:Hadn't really noticed it in that view not using the skin myself just saw your question and took a quick look, I would have thought its in that xml somewhere Smile

I searched through all the files in the 720p folder. The file that contains the reference for Thumb Border in the List view is ViewsFileMode.xml.

However, I'm thinking this is just not worth it:

A. I've got to re-save my cover images in Photoshop; embedding them in my cute little fake jacket.
B. I've got to ravage XBMC'x XML files (and of course the next time I upgrade, I've got to re-ravage.)
C. The changes are a little too global -- I would rather the generic images included with XBMC retain the bevels.

Anyway, thanks for your help, folks.

KODI 19.3 on Windows 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Cover Art Question (Confluence)0