VDR and Haupagge HD-PVR
I've searched the web and can't find a definitive answer to this - can anyone confirm....

Does VDR support

a) Haupagge HD-PVR
b) HDHomeRun

Thanks

Jon
b) vdr-plugin-hdhomerun
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
Thanks Hepi, I did see this so but there is very little on getting it set up. I'm currently using Mediaportal for HD PVR and HDHomeRun but I'm not really keen on it - it seems a bit clunky, and it does seem that VDR is the favored solution.

I don't suppose you know of anyone working on HD PVR support for VDR or wether or not it is not possible given the VDR architecture?

I also looked at tvheadend - I see the same thing, early HDHomerun support but no mention of HD PVR support

Jon
Give yaVDR 0.2 a try, install it in a virtual machine (Virtual Box) if you want, takes 20-30 minutes.

sudo apt-get install vdr-plugin-hdhomerun.
sudo stop vdr
Put a valid channels.conf to /etc/vdr/channels.conf (paste it via yavdr web-frontend)
sudo start vdr
Fiddle a bit. Reboot machine if you like. After a few minutes it should work. ;-)

+Use a recent firmware on HDHomeRun.

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
Hi Hepi,

Thanks for your help so far... This is where I am at....

Have yaVDR working, my MCE remote is controlling the system. Ran the updates. I've installed HDHomerun pluging and the ATSCEPG plugin (I am in the US)

When I run ATSCEPG plugin, it sees both my tuners, switch it to QAM, click to scan but I get an error 'could not open output file'

Any ideas? I tried loading a channels.conf - nothing shows up in the schedule.

I did read that I need to patch VDR to work with ATSC but again, not sure on how to do that.

Any help is appreciated

Jon
The VDR package in yaVDR already includes the ATSC patch, so there should be no need to patch VDR yourself.

You should first try to watch Live TV. If that works with your channels.conf, you can care about EPG, recordings and other stuff.

I have to say that I have the European version of HDHomeRun at home, but the author of vdr-plugin-hdhomerun is ATSC user.

Good luck! I remember getting some error messages in the beginning too but if the channels.conf is correct it should suddenly start working after a few minutes of trying to zap channels up and down.

Cheers,
hepi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR and Haupagge HD-PVR0