Airtunes from XBMC
Hi I am running XBMC on my apple TV and streaming music from my NAS.

I am trying to switch the sound from my TV to Airtunes (Airport Express connected to my HIFI). I know this can be done natively using the ATV operating system but I wondered if anyone has managed to do this from within XMBC.

Any comments welcome
Not quite just using XBMC, but on my Mac (not sure how the ATV works in this respect as I don't have one) I use a combination of Remote Buddy and Airfoil to achieve music playback over AirTunes to my HiFi. The Remote Buddy menu is used to start Airfoil when XBMC is running, which is then configured to automatically connect to my Airport Express and stream the audio to the remote speakers. Works pretty well for me.
Thanks for your reply. I have also used Airfoil and think it is excellent.

However, I dont want to have to use my mac. At the moment I have XBMC streaming music direct from my NAS without my mac being switched on which is fantastic apart from the fact I cant then send the sound signal to my Airport Express via Airtunes so that the music comes out of my hifi rather than my TV.

Its a bit annoying as in native mode the ATV will stream music to my Airport Express but I cant pair my NAS directly to ATV!

Any other comments welcome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airtunes from XBMC0