• 34(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
In Frodo deleting textures*.db in userdata/Database should force a thumbnails update, try deleting/renaming it and see
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I finally got round to linking my 3 XBMC PC's using the MySQL DB. I have to say, I'm that impressed at how seemless it works that I'm about to buy the hardware for my daughters, and the guest bedroom. So impressed at how well this works. Loving XBMC even more now! Keep up the great work guys!
I have MySQL setup with XBMC and it's working great, but when I remove a show and delete all the shows its files, it comes back in xbmc. How do I remove it so it won't come back?
(2012-09-22, 18:19)liq456 Wrote: I have MySQL setup with XBMC and it's working great, but when I remove a show and delete all the shows its files, it comes back in xbmc. How do I remove it so it won't come back?

Comes back, as in it was gone and then showed up upon an updated library scan?
(2012-09-22, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-09-22, 18:19)liq456 Wrote: I have MySQL setup with XBMC and it's working great, but when I remove a show and delete all the shows its files, it comes back in xbmc. How do I remove it so it won't come back?

Comes back, as in it was gone and then showed up upon an updated library scan?

I fixed it by cleaning the library.
This is going to my weekend project Big Grin I have a question about the changes to the xml file as far as my sources are concerned. The wiki shows:
First, find all: E:\Media\

Replace with: SMB://serverIP/Media/

Now my setup includes multiple drives with the same folder names (H:\Movies, I:\Movies, etc, Same for TV Shows. So for my replace with am I going to use SMB://ipaddress/H/Movies or SMB://ipaddress/movies?

Thanks for the help.
(2012-10-06, 19:52)b15nut Wrote: This is going to my weekend project Big Grin I have a question about the changes to the xml file as far as my sources are concerned. The wiki shows:
First, find all: E:\Media\

Replace with: SMB://serverIP/Media/

Now my setup includes multiple drives with the same folder names (H:\Movies, I:\Movies, etc, Same for TV Shows. So for my replace with am I going to use SMB://ipaddress/H/Movies or SMB://ipaddress/movies?

Thanks for the help.

Windows won't let you share each folder with the same name. So you'll probably end up with /movies1, /movies or /hmovies, /imovies depending on what you name the shares.
Hi!

I have been struggling with this and nothing makes sense to me.
I am trying to sync library from my XBMC thats installed on my server to the bedroom HTPC witch runs XBMC Live 11.0.
My server runs Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC 11.0

I followed the xbmc wiki to the best of my understanding. I have tried this several times but it wont work.
Now i got a little frustrated so i tried it on my mac. Didnt work.
Ok, my last chance was with my kids Windows7 laptop.
And guess what. it worked. I didnt had to add sources or do anything. it just worked.

But what is the problem with the other setups.
My mac is just for test. not gonna run xbmc on that machine. The xbmc-live machine on the other hand i want it to work on.

I have deleted the sources on the server and readded them with network paths.
I have changed the paths in the video database xml file so it matches my network paths. Its atleast correct for win7.

Here is a piece of my video db xml file.
<file></file>
<path>SMB://192.168.1.195/XBMC-Raid6/SABnzbd/Sanctum (2011)/BDMV/</path>
<filenameandpath>SMB://192.168.1.195/XBMC-Raid6/SABnzbd/Sanctum (2011)/BDMV/index.bdmv</filenameandpath>
<basepath>SMB://192.168.1.195/XBMC-Raid6/SABnzbd/Sanctum (2011)/</basepath>
<id>tt0881320</id>
<genre>Action</genre>
<genre>Thriller</genre>
I've been struggling for a while trying to make my XBMC on ATV2's all sync up again. It used to work just fine and I have always used the same advancedsettings.xml file on all of them. But I finally found what I believe to be the issue, but I am not sure how to fix it.

I downloaded MYSQL Workbench and found 4 different databases for xbmc_video.
xbmc_video60 - Out of date completely
xbmc_video64 - Out of date completely
xbmc_video67 - Mixed some up to date some not
xbmc_video68 - Mixed some up to date some not

So apparently each device is connecting to a different database instance. How do I force them all to connect to the same instance and maintain some consistency?

It will only do that if you are using different versions of XBMC on different boxes. You're probably using nightly builds and haven't updated all them to the same nightly.

Once you do, and the library is working fine, it's then safe to delete/drop the lower numbers and keep the highest number for your video DB. In nightly builds, when XBMC has to update the video DB, it will make a copy first and then update that copy. It does this just in case something goes wrong, you still have the older copy.
This may have been answered already so sorry if it is a repeat. I assume when I exported and imported the library the sources were included? I installed mysql on my main HTPC instead of the server, so I didn't have to do the find replace via a text editor. All media resides on an unraid server. I am doing the imports now for both my HTPCs. Appears to be working.

1. Are the sources included in the library import export, and updates are done as they always have been done?
2. What do I do when I need to add a new source? New Unraid build is in process now, so entire new server added to existing server.

Thanks!
Paths to the files in the library are included in the database. Sources are local to the XBMC installation. All XBMC clients need to have identical sources.xml setups for the shared library to work properly.
Thanks for the reply!

Now I have something odd happening that coincides with the mysql install. I don't know that is the issue, but it worked prior. I use unified remote on my android tablet and my HTPC as my wireless KB/Mouse setup. After installing mysql, this application stopped working. It launches on the HTPC shows it is running, correct IP and all, but the tablet is unable to establish a connection to the HTPC now. Both are on the network and can surf and and have a valid IP, but it simply won't connect. OHHHhhh, I just thought about ports, will check that next but any other reason there would be a conflict?

Ports are not the conflict, 3306 and 9512. I know this isn't dealing with the synching, but it started right after. Making assumption it is related since that is the only change.
Might be posted somewhere, but now that i have 2 clients that both use the same database and share their sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml.

So i got my movies and all my sources on both clients. But now i have different settings on both boxes when it comes to skin/language/addons. You can also use the 'special' file for addons-configs or something like that but it will only hold the settings of plugin you use. Not the actual plugin itself. Hence you can have 2 different systems all together. That you can have different skins/addons i can undersand but is it even possible to make this also "more the same" ?

Beside that, when the second client finds the files it doesn't know they are movies yet, so you have to use 'c' and set it to moviedb or whatever your preference is, but then it starts to scan the whole collection again. (while the only thing i wanted is to make sure both systems when they boot up check for new movies and update)

Are there better ways to make this work, or are the options for specials file that are out now the only valid options and the rest "feature/nice to have" ?
Thanks for sharing this tip
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1