• 25(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
I followed the wiki guide (not the lifehacker one) and it all seemed go fine. However, now it says I have 87 TV shows (correct) but 0 episodes. It only sees 2 of about 150 movies. The art is still all there seemingly because the screensaver shows them all (not sure if that means anything). I went in to each source and edited it to tell it what is there (movies, tv shows, etc.) and everything LOOKS right.

I have stripped and reloaded MySQL and done the set up twice. What have I missed? What further information could I provide you to assist in helping me?
(2012-03-26, 06:21)narcosleepy Wrote: I followed the wiki guide (not the lifehacker one) and it all seemed go fine. However, now it says I have 87 TV shows (correct) but 0 episodes. It only sees 2 of about 150 movies. The art is still all there seemingly because the screensaver shows them all (not sure if that means anything). I went in to each source and edited it to tell it what is there (movies, tv shows, etc.) and everything LOOKS right.

I have stripped and reloaded MySQL and done the set up twice. What have I missed? What further information could I provide you to assist in helping me?

This sounds similar to the problem i was having. I have a small thread about this here.

Basically, the fix for me was to make sure the sources were set as smb:\\ shares, and not to local win32 paths (like \\your computer\Users\blahblah\movies).

Showing the art for the "screensaver" is unrelated, because your skin probably points to a specific folder.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Installed v11 + MySQL on my server (atom via remote desktop) and installed v11 on my desktop linking to my server (movies, info & fan art/thumbnails).

Now I notice 2 problems after I run XMBC on my desktop

- The set content settings are not remembered for both my series and movies, both show NONE, after saving the setting over and over again.This issues also causes that the library is not scanned on start-up (on my DT).
- Most likely related; after I rightclick on a movie I cannot rescan it (or manual) to make sure the right fanart is linked to it.

To be 100% clear; XBMC on my server is not running (I suppose this is not needed).

Does anybody have a solution?

Ok, very easy to follow instructions thanks!

My concern is that my server isn't on all the time, I use the Advanced WOL plugin to wake my server when I start XBMC. How does the syncing work if the server isn't on or if the server isn't immediatly available. Will XBMC freeze or will it just wait until the MySQL database is available and then sync.
In otherwords, is all the info stored locally and synced via MySQL or is it only stored on MySQL.

Thanks
I can't get this working either. Everything is correct in xbmc but it's just not populating mysql databases. Help needed.
| Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5 | Gigabyte Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming Motherboard | Intel Core i7 [email protected] | Corsair Vengence 16GB x 2 Ram | Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB M.2 |
| Western Digital 1TB HDD | HGST Ultrastar 4TB HDD | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro 1909 |
Nah, I couldn't get it working either. Spent ages following the guides to the letter. It just won't work. I've tried it with MySQL on both Windows Home Server and a Qnap NAS drive but neither work. I got close; one of my PCs connected at one stage but the ATV never did, and as soon as I upgraded from XBMC 10 it wouldn't work again.
Did you guys follow the Mysql wiki? This lifehacker guide is out of date. If it doesn't work disable your firewalls and check again.
I got it working w/o xbmc_video and xbmc_music schema, then I added the schema and the same thing happenes, the database does not get populated so I am unable to ad indexes. And when I try to bind my address to my local ip address I get a access denied, permissons error.
| Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5 | Gigabyte Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming Motherboard | Intel Core i7 [email protected] | Corsair Vengence 16GB x 2 Ram | Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB M.2 |
| Western Digital 1TB HDD | HGST Ultrastar 4TB HDD | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro 1909 |
Aside from firewall, MySQL user also needs permission to connect FROM the host XBMC is running on. If the user only has permission to connect from PC1, you cant use the same settings to connect from PC2

select user, host from mysql.user

will confirm for you if the user has permission to connect from a specific host

In my setup notice the "%" in the host column, which means that the user xbmc is allowed to connect from any host. If I wanted xbmc only to be able to connect from my internal network, the host value would show '192.168.0.%' which would mean any ip address that begins with 192.168.0

+------+-----------+
| user | host |
+------+-----------+
| xbmc | % |
(2012-04-04, 15:48)thothom Wrote: I got it working w/o xbmc_video and xbmc_music schema, then I added the schema and the same thing happenes, the database does not get populated so I am unable to ad indexes. And when I try to bind my address to my local ip address I get a access denied, permissons error.

Unless you are using multiple profiles, you dont need to specify the schema.

Make sure the xbmc user has permission to create databases in mysql, and when XBMC starts it will create everything for you

For permissions, see my earlier post, the user needs permissions to connect FROM hosts as well as permissions on what they are able to do once connected

Easiest way

grant all on *.* to 'xbmc'@'%' identified by 'YOURPASSWORD';
Code:
If the user only has permission to connect from PC1, you cant use the same settings to connect from PC2

Could you elaborate on that a little further?

Now I get this error:
Code:
Host 'thomthom.my modem.my gateway' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.
for those who may need a little help i just finished getting my tv shows and movies sync's between two machines using a windows file server to manage the database i have also after a lot of trying got it to sync up the posters between the machines for both movies and tv shows i had trouble getting my head around the wiki instructions so worked it out myself and posted what i did here in more direct simple terms for those having the same problem hopefully it can help someone

i set mine up for two openelec htpc's so can't say for sure if it works with others but hopefully it does

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1067201

if you have any questions PM me not sure if i can answer most questions as i am far from expert on this it took me several hair pulling hours and constant trips up and down my house check each machine to get this right i posted to hopefully save someone else the same stress Smile
(2012-04-05, 16:39)thothom Wrote: Now I get this error:
Code:
Host 'thomthom.my modem.my gateway' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

In your my.cnf ensure you have

skip-name-resolve

On the mysql command line enter

grant all on *.* to 'xbmc'@'%';

Assuming the user is 'xbmc'
(2012-04-05, 16:14)thothom Wrote:
Code:
If the user only has permission to connect from PC1, you cant use the same settings to connect from PC2

Could you elaborate on that a little further?

MySQL has the ability to limit access based on hostname, ip address etc. Each record in the mysql.user table corresponds to what user can connect from what network address.

The MySQL wildcard character is "%"

If there is only one record in mysql.user that says the host is 192.168.0.10 (for example) that means connections are accepted from just that one ip address. If it says 127.0.0.1 that means only connections from the actual host MySQL is running on (localhost) are accepted. If the record says 192.168.0.% that means any ip beginning with 192.168.0 can connect. If the host is set just to "%" then it can connect from anywhere

You can check this by issuing the following at the mysql command prompt

select user, host from mysql.user;

Makes sense?
I created xbmc user and assigned 192.168.1.3, I am running myqsl on my desktop and have xbmc on it too, I also have xbmc running on the media pc in the living room so what I gather is that the single xbmc user will be sufficient for both pc's?
I would also like to sync up all settings, fanart, add-ons etc...would I need to put that in my advancedsettings.xml file?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1