• 29(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
Hi..
sorry for my bad English...

This is my advanced settings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.110</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://orco:[email protected]/media/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I create an user named xbmc in phpmyadmin and two DB (xbmc_video, xbmc_music) but i have problems to trasfert my library in these..
Why?

(2012-04-14, 19:41)Radicale Wrote: Hi..
sorry for my bad English...

This is my advanced settings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://orco:[email protected]/media/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I create an user named xbmc in phpmyadmin and two DB (xbmc_video, xbmc_music) but i have problems to trasfert my library in these..
Why?

What exactly is the problem? Connection issue? Something else?
I made a couple of changes to the my.ini and it seems to have made a big difference in performace;

query_cache_size= 100
tmp_table_size= 50M
query_cache_limit = 2M
query_cache_size = 32M
Also look at

innodb_buffer_pool_size
max_allowed_packet

You should set max_heap_table_size the same value as tmp_table_size. 50M is overkill.

Also you can remove the first query_cache_size. Your first line sets it to 100 bytes, and then you override it and set it to 32M.
Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure what they all meant or how they affecte it and was pretty much guessing! Big Grin I assumed the M was MB....is that correct?

So would I be better with;

tmp_table_size= 35M
query_cache_limit = 2M ?
query_cache_size = 32M
innodb_buffer_pool_size = ?
max_allowed_packet = ?
max_heap_table_size = 35M
(2012-04-17, 08:56)Finchy Wrote: Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure what they all meant or how they affecte it and was pretty much guessing! Big Grin I assumed the M was MB....is that correct?

So would I be better with;

tmp_table_size= 35M
query_cache_limit = 2M ?
query_cache_size = 32M
innodb_buffer_pool_size = ?
max_allowed_packet = ?
max_heap_table_size = 35M

Yep M = MB. You can alternatively also use K = KB if you wish.

This is what I use

Code:
tmp_table_size = 16M
max_heap_table_size = 16M
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 128M
max_allowed_packet = 1M

query_cache_size is fine and thats the one which has the most impact on performance, and if XBMC is the only thing you are using MySQL for I would be super surprised if you end up using that much. The wonko thing with query cache is, its only good as long as the underlying data is not updated, the instant you have something updating the table underneath, the qcache gets invalidated and MySQL goes back to disk to do the select.

The good thing is, the majority of the XBMC interactions with MySQL I was able to see were selects.
That's great, thanks. I've pretty much got it set up working now apart from one last problem. Everytime I start one of the XBMC devices (ATV2, XBMCbuntu or XBMC on my laptop) I get this message;

It still picks up any new TV shows and movies but only sometimes the artwork. When I then go in and try to refresh it, ie by selecting a TV show, showing info and refreshing it does pick up the episode info, etc from the internet, but when I click on extras to change the fanart I it looks like this;

Any ideas? It looks to me like it's looking locally for the remote server and not where it should be looking?

Huh
My SQL database updates ok, but when new movies (for example) appear on the ATV2 after being manually scraped and added to the DB by another client, it will not have any artwork/thumbs. I'm not keen on running a artwork share is there anyway to get XMBC to scrape thumbs and artwork when new DB entries are seen? Is there something I'm missing?
I'm wondering if one of you guys might be able to pinpoint where I'm going wrong?

I've followed the latest LifeHacker guide to the word but I am having issues with the databases not being created when I load XBMC.
  • The User permissions have been set in MySQL
  • The advancedsettings.xml file has been created in the correct directory
  • I've set a static IP and checked that port 3306 is open
  • I exported and then imported my Video library

This is what my advancedsettings.xml file looks like:

Quote: <advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.10</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>Video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.10</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>Music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

However when I use the SHOW DATABASES; MySQL prompt I'm only getting four databases:
  • information_schema
  • mysql
  • perfomance_schema
  • test

Any ideas? Undecided
You need to create the datatbases, XBMC only reads them after you have done so.

Code:
CREATE database xbmc_video;
CREATE database xbmc_music;
(2012-04-23, 15:42)Moncha Wrote: You need to create the datatbases, XBMC only reads them after you have done so.

Code:

This is incorrect, if you have set everything up properly you let XBMC create the databases and tables.
(2012-04-23, 17:12)WordMasterRice Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 15:42)Moncha Wrote: You need to create the datatbases, XBMC only reads them after you have done so.

Code:

This is incorrect, if you have set everything up properly you let XBMC create the databases and tables.
Yup, as long as the permissions are set up correctly, i.e. grant all on *.* to 'xbmc'@'%' it should Just Work©.

Also, have you set the content correctly on all of the pertinent folders and updated your library?
I've ran through the steps several times, and ran the permissions query multiple chance but still no luck.

I've even renamed the profiles and updated the settings file a couple of times, but still nothing.

I'm about to try it on a different computer and see how well I do.
I may stand corrected but, I had no luck in having XBMC create the DB and tables so I did it manually and all worked great.
In Dharma I was using WHS, now with eden I am using WHS 2011 and both time had to manually set the DBs.
I finally managed to get this working after a couple of mistakes, the first being that the advancedsettings.xml file wasn't saved in the userdata folder and the second being a missing closing '>' in my file.

However after I checked the database and found all my videos had been added to the tables, when trying to play them in XBMC all the folders were now empty. I then tried to fix this by readding the content, but now it doesn't save the content settings and doesn't scan the videos to the library.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1