• 16(current)
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db
Hi I have a lot of pictures as IMG_001.JPG
The addon dont show this pictures it crashes , is there a walk around?
Helio
mhdebokx Wrote:i think there 2 reasons for slow performance
1. The MPD does do an Insert in the different tables, and if the record already exists, an exception handler is raided. Tuis consumes extra CPU cycles and also the writing the debug messages

This could be an Addon Setting: Addon debugger on/off. (off is speed (don't raise the exception handler) and on is debug-logging)

Also I made the Dutch strings.xml more up to date with SVN R180.

A while ago we talked about picture rating & XMP metadata. There was a simple Python library which could handle XMP: http://www.zoia.org/blog/2006/08/13/extr...ng-python/ .
Now I found some other usefull tools (written in C++): http://xmpphptoolkit.sourceforge.net/ and Exiv2. Also this other python one: http://code.google.com/p/python-xmp-toolkit/

It would be great if online sources could be integrated. So you can easily up- and download pictures to Facebook, Flickr, Picasso, etc. There are plugins for this but the don't interact with the photo plugins database. A simple "sent to service" from the context menu in combination with settings for login credentials (like i.e. xbmc subtitles by amet works) would do the job. Is the best way to achieve this to ask to Addon authors if those plugins to add such feature?

Also auto mounting USB media/sd cards/camera's so you can easily connect your phone, camera and add your pictures to the database.

And what do you think about those tickets: Allow set up way picture thumbnails are generated and I would love to have a context-menu item to "Also view pictures in subfolder(s)" or start slideshow including subfolders. But the most missed feature is: Everytime your access a folder, XBMC cashes the pictures in there. No precaching and slow browsing are troublesome for users.

This ticket can be closed (i've no trac access). And since I checked most stuff related to pictures, this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10262 ticket is also a reminder.

And some new features/improvements from Eden and on: enables playing of videos within a picture slideshow and Video thumbnails in Picture viewmode and Support automatic scrolling of panoramas in slideshows

Mostly thanks to Aardvark & Gwan & Solexalex picture managing and viewing is getting better and better in XBMC. There are also some discussed features (in this topic) which could improve picture viewing a lot:
1> smart albums. You create simple filters and use these filters to feed the albums with the pictures in your database. For this, bringing up the Smartplaylist with Python works but interacting doesn't yet.
Is this compatible with pre-eden and where can i get it?

Cheers Big Grin
Question 
I've installed this addon on my OpenELEC installation (v1.0.2 - with Dharma v10.1).
The installation is ok, but I can't get it to work. I get a script error - scanpath.py

I have tried several ways to mount my photo folder on my NAS. Both via FTP and also via NFS mount from OpenELEC directly. In both cases I can add the photo folder to My Pictures Database, but whenever I want to scan what's inside, I get the script error.

Does it not run on OpenELEC? Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.
I have the same issue. Folder does get added, but scanpath.py fails.

I am also on Openelec 1.0.2 (x32) on the ION platform (Asrock 330 HT). and add folders using smb.
does this addon work for AppleTV2?

I need filtering and sorting based on star rating in jpegs. is this supported?
scanpath.py fails @macmini @EDEN beta version No
Has this addon been completely abandoned? If so that sad - we really need some kind of database of out pictures in XBMC, and this one had a lot of great ideas.

FFY
I fixed the unicode error with Eden release and updated the german translation.
But it's only tested with Windows 7 64Bit.
It seems to work even with filenames containing german umlauts.

Download the repository to install it.
repository.xycl.abandoned.dharma
The repository contains ListenLiveEU and Boxee RSS App, too. These are add-ons I miss in Eden.
As soon as the original developer will release an Eden version of these add-ons I will remove them from my repository.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Xycl Wrote:I fixed the unicode error with Eden release and updated the german translation.
Great! Thanks for doing this. Installed the repo and the addon on Windows 2008 64 bit and it works. Scans and adds images and keywords to the database with no problem.

* It does seem to have some problems with unicode keywords - the Danish letters are replaced by some garbled letters instead.

* What are your plans for the addon? Would you consider improving on it or are you purely bugfixing? I do have some request you see Smile It would be nice if the addon could scan for other tags beside keywords - as for example People (used by Windows Live Picture Gallery).

FFY
fungify Wrote:* It does seem to have some problems with unicode keywords - the Danish letters are replaced by some garbled letters instead.

- I'll have a look on the keyword unicode issue.

- I have no future plans, but adding extra keywords should'nt be so tricky.
No log no help.
I cannot reproduce the problem, but I've to tell that on feb. 22nd I changed the database library due to an unicode problem with non ascii keywords.

Perhaps you can use a single image in a test directory and try to import it to my pictures database to see if it now works?

I used follwing keyword and it worked:
öäüßè±áØæcð¾
No log no help.
Using version +.5.4

I tried importing a small set of 7 pictures that all have keywords added, but only keywords from one of the pictures is actually added to the database. The rest are simply ignored, though the pictures themselves are added to the database. I'll gladly try uploading a sample of the pictures for diagnostic purposes.

Tried adding the following keyword "ÆØÅæøå" to the picture whose keywords are added to the database. The screenshot shows what result I got:

FFY
Xycl Wrote:I fixed the unicode error with Eden release and updated the german translation.
But it's only tested with Windows 7 64Bit.
It seems to work even with filenames containing german umlauts.

Download the repository to install it.
repository.xycl.abandoned.dharma
The repository contains ListenLiveEU and Boxee RSS App, too. These are add-ons I miss in Eden.
As soon as the original developer will release an Eden version of these add-ons I will remove them from my repository.

When I try to install from your repo, it says "Broken" and therefore won't install.. any ways around this?

I'm on Eden RC2 Openelec.

Thx, LoL Wink
LoL Wrote:When I try to install from your repo, it says "Broken" and therefore won't install.. any ways around this?

Shit. Perhaps I destroyed the repo on feb. 22 when I exchanged the library code.
In approx. 4 hours I'll at home and will have a look on the repository.

fungify Wrote:It would be nice if the addon could scan for other tags beside keywords - as for example People (used by Windows Live Picture Gallery).

Yesterday I successful managed to read the XMP people tag(s) from a test picture changed by Microsoft Photo Gallery. In a first draft I added theses tags to the keyword section as "Person: Name" where Name is the person from the tag. The second draft will display the old keywords as "Keyword: Tag". This makes it very easy to add new tags without the need to add a complete new menu for each tag type. The menu browse by keywords will be renamed to browse by tags.
No log no help.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db2