Acer Aspire Revo 3610 & Dharma
Hi Guys,

Loving XBMC...totally amazing, I currently have installed (stock) 9.11 live with Aeon skin (& loving it) and have no major problem with either video or sound all seems to work?

I have recently installed Dharma on my pc and love the way plugins & skins work and would like to have this on my Acer but need to know if there will be issues with the following:
  • Will sound & video work out of the box?
  • Will I have to do a fresh install?
  • Will Aeon skin be comming to Dharma?

Hope someone can help?
anyone?
Hi wiggy, i have a acer revo r3610 and yes sound and video work out of the box in dharma beta one (although menu sounds need the usual fix).

I'm sure i tried Aeon 65 on dharma but it was very slow on the revo so i reverted back to the stock skin.

And yes its advised to install from scratch as a lot has changed.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
I updated my Live 9.11 installed to the hard disk, because I do not wnat to install from scratch for every beta release.

Anyway, everything runs fine, apart from some skins installed manually (one of them Aeon), but that's not a Dharma issue.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Thanks guys for your replys

bobby how did you upgrade as I also have xbmc live installed to hd?
I did an update of SVN on mine and it worked like a charm. Then I upgraded to 10.04LTS and I had to do a few tweaks to get it working (uninstall xbmc-live, blacklist nouveau driver, update nvidia driver, re-install xbmc-live, install the "upower" package, create a file /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla granting power privs to XBMC user)
Look here, please:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=595974&postcount=4
Sony KD-65A1
Hi Bobby not sure if you can help but I have tried

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa

but get the following error: sudo add-apt-repository:command not found?

any ideas?
all sorted just needed to add the following

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

all working fine thanks for all your help Laugh
I have installed the latest live and have sound coming from the optical but in xbmc I get problems with audio not working when switching songs/changing movies or playing sd files. sometimes turning of and on my samsung 5.1 surround system brings sound back. device worked perfect with the ps3 and psm. Any ideas?
Spoken too soon the video is really choppy!!!!Huh?
Spoken too soon the video is really choppy!!!!Huh?

also the forum is not working properly!!!
really stuck with choppy video have tried to install drivers but dont seem to be working? any ideas?
Fanzine going to do a fresh install ...hope it fixes the choppy play back, looks like its not off loading to the ion chip as cpu @ 100% when usually it's at around 25%
Checked the video settings?
Reinstalled Nvidia drivers?
Log files?

Anyway, maybe you are one of the cases where it is better to install from scratch.

But no need to flood the thread, I suppose Rolleyes
Sony KD-65A1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire Revo 3610 & Dharma0