Portable install
Does'nt appear to be working. During the setup (on vista) I instructed the install the portable install to my USB drive F: but it still created the XBMC folder under c:\useres...\AppData..

How can I get this to work? I want to take the USB stick to a different PC and run xbmc.

Jim
blackhawk0378 Wrote:Does'nt appear to be working. During the setup (on vista) I instructed the install the portable install to my USB drive F: but it still created the XBMC folder under c:\useres...\AppData..

How can I get this to work? I want to take the USB stick to a different PC and run xbmc.

After installing XBMC in the 2nd PC looks like MS DirectX was required. Dont believe I saw that documented.
The XBMC should automatically install the required DirectX files, though for some reason that still escapes us the DX install sometimes fails with no error. In that case you need to manually download and run the DirectX installer.

The only difference between portable and default mode is that to run in portable mode you add "-p" to the XBMC command line. When you choose a portable install the installer should create a shortcut with the target set to:

C:\Program Files\XBMX\XBMC.exe -p

But if you have any shortcuts lying around that don't have the "-p" argument then clicking on these will run your XBMC in default mode. In that case you just need to edit the shortcut properties and add the "-p".

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portable install0