Remote stopped working
Hi,

I uninstalled it as described by simmb. Will try using purge. Ah, yes.. it seems to have changed when in reinstalled.. so is now updated..

I installed xbmc on my xp laptop and connected the ir receiver. it didnt seem to work so perhaps it is a hardware problem. it is strange that the pc recognises it though.. so the connection must be ok..

I may have to try and buy another receiver..

If there are any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

If not, thanks so much for all the help!

Mark
markh86 Wrote:I installed xbmc on my xp laptop and connected the ir receiver. it didnt seem to work so perhaps it is a hardware problem. it is strange that the pc recognises it though.. so the connection must be ok..

My duff receiver did the same, windows recognised it as did ubuntu but nothing I did would make it work.

Not sure if you are uk based but I bought one from maplin for £19.99 not sure if we are allowed to post outside links but it's product code A49HA on their site.
I know there are cheaper alternatives around but I knew this one worked out the box and the usb receiver is quite neat and compact.
Weird. I just opened it up and it looks like the cable shield was rubbing the pcb.. so perhaps it shorted something.

Or so I hope.. would like that to be the end of it! Will order a new one now. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for all the help.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote stopped working0