NO DSplayer for me. Help a friendly newbee!
Hi,
I'm new and need a bit of help. Ive been running my personally built HTPC on Media Center streaming HD audio through HDMI/FFDshow MPC for a while without problem. All works good. Smooth play, all HD Audio comes through. I'm trying to get onboard with XBMC and for some reason just can't get it to play my movies with DSplayer. All movies are .mkv. Current system config is Win7 64bit, ffdshow 64 bit version 3556 and the latest 64 bit MPC. Radeon 5570 with the latest Catalyst.
After installing XBMC 33619 I can play all movies using the standard DVD player in it but cannot use the DSplayer. Ive followed an instruction guide form mediaserver.net telling me to create a advancedsettings.xml file with:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>. I can right click a movie and DSplayer is the default. But the screen just goes black for a second and then comes back with a see log for error.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is my current versions not compatible? I do notice the XBMC is being installed into the programs(86) not programs.
My goal is to use DSplayer/XBMC and my wonderful Harmony One remote while streaming wonderful True-DTS and DTS-MA.

Thanks in advance!
Have you started here yet?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer
I may be off here, but xmbc is 32 bit, so you'd need 32 bit ffdshow, not 64. Also, post a debug log in the proper thread, and I'm sure someone will have you sorted quickly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NO DSplayer for me. Help a friendly newbee!0