• 41(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
Definately quint, my first one, imo was not very good, unresponsive etc, so i got in touch, they were happy for me to send it back, a few weeks later (xmas hols), i had my new one, and am right now getting it to learn the commands of my multi satellite receiver!!
so , yes, do it, after all, you paid good money for it!!!!
Ok, I will, although reading your reply I reminds me that another problem was that it didn't want to learn the remote control for my Denon AVR-2808 (which so far any learning remote I tried failed to do so unfortunately)
Well, it's learnt the commands of the satellite remote, so, thats away fornow
matmabro Wrote:OMFG... never underestimate the shittiness of micro$oft. notepad++ did the trick.. I had to place the xml file in both /keymaps/ and kaymaps/nyxboard/ though...

No this works, I'm just looking forward to getting a working replacement unit come the end of January.... "by popular demand" ...lol.... Pulse-Eight should have really just put "because Motorola fucked up" on the site.

popular demand was for our CEC Adapter, not the NYXboard
quintesse Wrote:I have never used mine because of problems with range and the battery draining in 1-2 days. So I should get in touch with them for a replacement?

yes, if you haven't done already then you will have to wait until the end of Feb when we get more.
falafael Wrote:i received my 'replacement' remote on wednesday due to problems with the first batch, all i can say that i am 100% happy, works a treat, fast, responsive, learning seems to be easier too, overall a great product in my eyes, and works out the box, the wife loves the simplicity of it.....so well done and thank you from all of us here!

I'm glad its working for you, sorry it's taken so long to resolve, it involved a lot of discussion with Motorola but we are hopeful they have addressed all these issues
Thanks for that malard, am happy, especially now it's learnt commands for the satellite, Tv remote and my amplifier, we only need the one remote on the go now, so its sweet now!!
Got my replacement today

Both the range issue and the left click bug has been fixed. After a couple of keyboard.xml tweaks it´s perfect Smile
Steini Wrote:After a couple of keyboard.xml tweaks it´s perfect Smile

Note that Eden will automatically detect a Nyxboard is connected and it will apply a custom keyboard map.

JR
wish i got my remote someday...they told me mid feb now. I ordered the first one in like October. sigh
nevermind......
Steini Wrote:Got my replacement today

Both the range issue and the left click bug has been fixed. After a couple of keyboard.xml tweaks it´s perfect Smile

Is there some kind of official process to get a replacement? Or is it just a standard rma request/send back to the UK?
Pretty much. Just sent a email
jhsrennie Wrote:Note that Eden will automatically detect a Nyxboard is connected and it will apply a custom keyboard map.

JR

I know, but i wanted to add some special things like:
- Controlling the back lighting (boblight)
- shortcut key for xbmc subtitles
- add sms-type keyboard while in library mode.
So is this ok to order now? Have the problems all been resolved? What would be the expected delivery time if I ordered now? (weeks? months?)
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1