• 42(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
W/C 5th March is when we get new stock, and no-one has had any issues with the replacements we have already sent out.
ia a v2 in development with lighted keys or glow in dark key. only thing hildimg me back from ordering.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Wherever I am in XBMC I would expect the play/pause button to toggle the paused status of any playing music or video.

However if I am browsing the library and press the play/pause button XBMC will play the currently highlighted item instead of pausing the playing music.

Any one have any idea how to change this behaviour?

Thanks

edit:

Figured this out with some further forum searching. This required a change to appcommand.xml in my userdata keymaps folder.

I added the line
<play_pause>Play</play_pause>
in the global section.

Here's the thread that showed me how : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118544
Malard Wrote:W/C 5th March is when we get new stock, and no-one has had any issues with the replacements we have already sent out.

I´m sorry to say that the replacement remote has started to become irritating.

The down button does not always work and sometimes it double triggers. The overall response of the directional buttons seems to have degraded after a couple of days in use Sad

Also i´m affected by the Kernel bug that does not always load the receiver until i unplug and re plug it. This is hopefully fixed by a software update though.
Malard Wrote:W/C 5th March is when we get new stock, and no-one has had any issues with the replacements we have already sent out.
So, how do we do this? I need another replacement. This will be my third remote.

Also, what about the special gift we were supposed to get for pre-ordering last October? I was order 80, i've received two bad products and no special gift.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
Steini Wrote:I´m sorry to say that the replacement remote has started to become irritating.

The down button does not always work and sometimes it double triggers. The overall response of the directional buttons seems to have degraded after a couple of days in use Sad

Also i´m affected by the Kernel bug that does not always load the receiver until i unplug and re plug it. This is hopefully fixed by a software update though.

Got a reply about the button issue and will it be fixed in the next batch Smile
Steini Wrote:Got a reply about the button issue and will it be fixed in the next batch Smile

Is that another new batch after the March batch ? Got rid of my preorder remote and was thinking of getting myself another remote next month, but maybe should wait a couple of months Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I Googled this remote and it says it's for Boxee...
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Mudislander Wrote:Is that another new batch after the March batch ? Got rid of my preorder remote and was thinking of getting myself another remote next month, but maybe should wait a couple of months Smile

Good question. If the March 5 batch isn't fully working, I'd rather wait for a batch that is than deal with another RMA.
rflores2323 Wrote:ia a v2 in development with lighted keys or glow in dark key. only thing hildimg me back from ordering.

No, what you see is what you get, this remote will never get backlit keys
Steini Wrote:I´m sorry to say that the replacement remote has started to become irritating.

I believe this situation has been resolved, the unit you received will be replaced by Motorola.
patseguin Wrote:I Googled this remote and it says it's for Boxee...

Which remote? the NYXBoard is not for boxee, infact it wont work properly either
Mudislander Wrote:Is that another new batch after the March batch ? Got rid of my preorder remote and was thinking of getting myself another remote next month, but maybe should wait a couple of months Smile

What happened was, we got 92 remotes sent as part of a pre production run, we sent some of these out to customers and 2 came back reporting further issues with the D-Pad, Motorola have taken this feedback on board and changed the PCB to use Gold plated connectors instead of Carbon Ink, the issue has been due to tight tolerances with the connections between the buttons and PCB

As I've said before, anyone affected will get a replacement and there will be no cost to them.
outleradam Wrote:So, how do we do this? I need another replacement. This will be my third remote.

Also, what about the special gift we were supposed to get for pre-ordering last October? I was order 80, i've received two bad products and no special gift.

Sorry for the lack of gift, the plan was to send out some branded sweets, but due to all the issues this got sidelined. We can send you a mars bar if you like?
What remote is he holding on top of it? I pre ordered one because I am going through every remote possible to find the right solution. The only thing wrong with this remote is if you quit XBMC, you need to go grab a keyboard and mouse to interact in WIndows. I use the Logitech diNovo mini and it's my favorite so far.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1