• 2(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
Malard Wrote:I looked at that price point, but we would lose a bunch of features that I thought would make the experience much better, the IR layer, (its RF for xbmc and then you program the IR to control amp/dvd/tv etc) and also the toggle switch, basically when you flip the remote over, a signal gets sent to xbmc so we can auto pop up search, flip it back and we action that search, so no need for the mouse in any situation really!

If you need the mouse, its a d-pad. But I am working on a skin designed for the remote, as such things like the Red Green Yellow Blue buttons will get used as soft-keys to access various sub functions.

I just ordered mine.

Very good to hear. I'm a long time MCSE remote user (I keep purchasing them for friends' XBMC boxes that I also build) and I'm rather used to PM3. I keep trying others, but they're never really what I want. I'd love it if the skin keeps the paradigms set up by PM3.
Subtitles - Serious Business
Why is it not backlit Sad And also lack of F keys in the keyboard area seems quite disappointing.
Malard would have that answer. But my guess is to keep the price down and to conserve battery life.
Back lit wasnt possible in this version, generally speaking, when your searching your probably not going to be in the movie at that point (at least thats how i looked at it)

Cost was almost certainly a factor, its already 'not cheap' and its got a stack of features that allow you to do things faster and easier, as i've stated already, searching is more ergonomic, to pull that off (which is lets face it the reason why we need a keyboard in the first place) not cheap to R&D

What do you find disappointing about the F keys?

PatK, its actually me (Pulse-Eight) that is accepting the pre-orders, Motorola is just building them for us, as we are short on electrical engineering man hours in the team (and a factory to make them) [Although donations welcome!]
That's pretty awesome. If I didn't already have a Harmony One I'd order one of those.
@Malard

You still need to see what the keys are to navigate within xbmc in a very dark htpc room. Is it really that expensive to add led backlight too it ?

Any plans on building XBMC PVR Box ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
double post.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
why not use glow keys then? I understand about the not using it while playing a movie.. however what about using it to check out the addons or search features etc.. this should of been a feature imo to be added. also would of been nice as to when you pic it up it lights up etc.. and set it down it turns off.

waiting to see a video on the remote to see the functions of it and how it interacts with xbmc. Currently I am using a MX-810 URC remote.

Can you teach the RF remote side of it also? My lights are URC lights and controlled by RF.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
*merged threads*
Can we get some real photos? I know this is a pre order, but even some engineering demos would be better than just the computer renders.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
is this likely to work on the apple tv? I suspect not.
How is the universal setup? I can guess it's not going to be like Harmony remotes. Does it just clone key presses or will there be some sort of DB for codes?

Also how easy is it going to merge with XBMC? Plug and Play?
Malard writes "XBMC users can rejoice, developers from the team have partnered with Motorola to re-develop their previously announced Nyxboard remote with RF, programmable IR and full support on Windows, Mac, Linux and Original Apple TVs."

quoted from nerdheroin.com

Blurry, I know...
joe i am impressed you found the one site that actually has the remote, we have software test versions, which are not as good as the final product, I will get you pictures of the real thing as soon as we get the engineering samples in the next couple of weeks

@Axodious it will work out the box with xbmc, no extra config required

@CrashX it technically wasnt possible to get backlit in this design based on when we got involved with motorola

@Justcop it will work with ATV 1 out the box, the next version will work with ATV2
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1