Looking for simple Linux .NFO file generator
I have been using GCstar on Linux for a while to manage my movie collection of movie files.
I used the export function of GCstar to export the URL of the movies to create .nfo files and stored the nfo files with the movies when I started using XBMC.

I also have a couple of AC Ryans that I use to play the files too, so all of the movie files are served from a linux server with readonly NFS exports.

So, until recently everything was working great, until GCstar stopped storing the actual URL to the movie information, and started storing the search string used to find the URL.
I can't seem to get a response to a bug report (looks like it's maintained by a single individual) so I'm looking for something else to use to create the nfo files.

What I want is fairly simple but I haven't found it anywhere yet.
I just want a simple shell based CLI tool that will, when fed a file with a list of movie file names produce an NFO file for each with nothing but the link directly to the imdb entry.

Even a utility that simply returned nothing but the imdb ID would be sufficient, I can script the creation of the IMDB url and the ones not in IMDB are small enough in number I can do them manually.

I have tried imdb-tools in the Ubuntu repository, but it quite frequently fails to find a movie that XBMC or GCStar can find easily, based on the same search string.

Anyone have any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for simple Linux .NFO file generator0