Is it possible to get bit perfect output on Mac mini?
I'm new to XBMC :o and I've scoured the forum for several days and have been unable to find an answer, hope someone can direct me to it (if it exists) or help with advise.
I have a new Mac mini (aluminum body) feeding a Cambidge Audio DAC to a 2 speaker stereo system and would like to use XBMC for listening to 44.1 flac files ripped from cd's as well as of course watching movies which are usually 48 bits.
Is it possible to have XBMC deliver bit-perfect output especially for audio?
Or, ideally if possible to have the digital to my DAC be unaltered whether 44.1' 48 or the occasional 192 bit source? Thanks
In a word no, XBMC cannot do that.

You will always come up against the audio midi settings of the operating system, which you have to change manually.

Software can change it, Amarra for instance does this on the fly, it will change the audio output depending on the file being played. But only via itunes and only at a cost of 900 clams.

XBMC will output at what ever the audio midi is set too.
So if I manually change midi output to 44.1 after I run xbmc would I be getting bit perfect output?
No, in most cases programmes need to be restarted.

My dac shows when hidef is going through, hense why I have worked these things out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to get bit perfect output on Mac mini?0